AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 07-09-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC45 View Post
Was close (Los Gatos, Ca.) to the epicenter of the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989. I was getting ready to watch the Bay Area World Series when it happened. Watching my heavy old 36" Sony Trinitron bouncing on its stand was a clue that this one was different.

Sixty three people died, and nearly four thousand people were injured as a result of this earthquake.

I wanted to see the damage where I lived but I knew the power was out so I got on my Mt Bike and rode downtown. Eerily quiet, houses knocked off kilter, strange as shit.

What did I learn.

Stock up on water, you can go days without food, but not without water. I've water fasted for seven days and it isn't a big deal.

Store the kind of food that will last for a long time. I store canned goods and a lot of nuts. This provides me with protein and fats. My diet consists mostly of these two food groups so that works for me, store what works for you.Watch for expiration dates, replace as needed.

Flashlights, lots of batteries, warm sleeping bags, warm clothing, just in case it happens during a cold spell. Also put some kind of kit together that you can store in your car just in case you are in it when something like this happens.

I'm a believer that most people are good people, but I'm also a believer that some people can be very bad people. The percentage of very bad people seems to increase during these times. I'm prepared for that too.

If you prepare, you'll stand a pretty good chance of coming through one of these.
Excellent advise. You sir are a true prepper. One never knows what’s ahead. I would also add that having “cash” on hand for these unforeseen events is a must. Most people do not have cash these days and when the lights go out.... no more access.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
From various news articles.

"THOUSANDS of bees have been shown dead on the ground after a 7.1 magnitude earthquake struck California on Saturday.

Scientists have previously noted that animals and insects act strangely in the lead up to an earthquake, but do not know why, according to the US Geological Survey.

While scientists know creatures are able to recognize earthquakes before humans, the mechanisms explaining how and why they happen “still elude us” they wrote.

THE 7.1 magnitude earthquake that struck California on Friday is believed to have somehow killed untold numbers of bees after disturbing footage emerged of swarms of insects lying dead on the ground - what has been going on?"
This is BS from them saying that, it is the magnetic fields from all the non ionized ration of the cell towers killing off the bees. And there is mega proof of this too.

People should be more worried about the bees reduction of about 70 percent world wide from all the excess RF and microwave world wide.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
This is BS from them saying that, it is the magnetic fields from all the non ionized ration of the cell towers killing off the bees. And there is mega proof of this too.

People should be more worried about the bees reduction of about 70 percent world wide from all the excess RF and microwave world wide.

The US Department of Agriculture has angry beekeepers buzzing after suspending data collection on the insects’ decline.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) will not collect quarterly data this July for the annual Honey Bee Colonies report, which is still scheduled for release Aug. 1 at 3 p.m. ET. The report will contain data from Jan. 1, 2018 to April 1, 2019. The Honey Bee Colonies report allows the USDA, beekeepers, and other interested parties to compare quarterly losses, additions, and movements and to analyze the data on a state-by-state basis.

The decision to suspend data collection was not made lightly but was necessary given available fiscal and program resources. NASS will continue to review its federal agricultural statistical programs using the same criteria to ensure timely, accurate, and useful statistics.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC45 View Post
I've water fasted for seven days and it isn't a big deal.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this statement.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this statement.
Water only, no food.