AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 03-12-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
Its just switching a wire and the Diagram is easily found on the internet.
So share with all of us the link to the diagram for the Accuphase E-650.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
I love rumors based on total ignorance.
I love total ignorance based on lack of knowledge.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:49 AM

Anybody that's wants it can contact me.
Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA Ultralinear, LTA ZOTL 40, ARC 150M, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Luxman M900U, Coda #8, Pass XA30.5, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Esoteric K-01XD, Luxman D-10X, Ayre DX5, Oppo 105/205

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar, Fleetwood Deville, Spendor Classic 100, Volti RAZZ, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Falcon LS 3/5A, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th, Monitor Audio Gold 200, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Harbeth C7 40th, Harbeth P3XD

Collector/Dealer of over 9000 Authentic RIAA Gold/Platinum Music Industry Record Awards 1960's-Present. 3600+ Photos of my awards on Facebook page: RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS

Last edited by Masterlu; 03-12-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Sorry, email addresses on the Forum are not permitted.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:50 AM

The EAGLE has landed.....today is shot!!..))
What a beautiful piece of gear! Does anyone bother to turn this off with the power button? Just wondering about warmup period . Don’t believe this one uses a lot of power on standby by. Would appreciate feedback about this.

Last edited by MAXDOG923; 03-12-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXDOG923 View Post
The EAGLE has landed.....today is shot!!..))
What a beautiful piece of gear! Does anyone bother to turn this off with the power button? Just wondering about warmup period . Don’t believe this one uses a lot of power on standby by. Would appreciate feedback about this.
Hey MaxDog923,

Just curious, where was your Accuphase dealer? Did you go to Quebec City or all the way to Montreal?
Old 03-13-2019, 11:59 AM

Got it from the Montreal dealer. Very good to deal with , and price was very fair as well.
took about 5 weeks from order to delivery, as there wasn't one available in the country.

Would recommend them without hesitation .

Join AA as a paid subscriber and I can PM you more info!..))))

It's WELL worth it...this site is a treasure trove of knowledge about audio!
Old 03-13-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Got it from the Montreal dealer. Very good to deal with , and price was very fair as well.
took about 5 weeks from order to delivery, as there wasn't one available in the country.

Would recommend them without hesitation .

Join AA as a paid subscriber and I can PM you more info!..))))

It's WELL worth it...this site is a treasure trove of knowledge about audio!
I don't know why but I kept seeing Edmonton when I read your profile... turns out it's Edmundston... so we probably talked about the same dealer in Montréal since the beginning!

Did you bought your E-650 without hearing it first?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:24 PM

Yes, I did!...My speakers have powered woofers, so I'm really just driving the mid range and tweeters....the E650 seems plenty powerful , as volume and clarity at high levels aren't an issue . Previous amp was a Pass Labs 30 W Class A, and it never seemed to break a sweat , and I like my music very loud at times.
The opinions of those on this site as to the sound quality of these amps played a big part in my decision. Far more experienced than I , and you have to trust their ears in my opinion.
I must say it sounds very good so far. The harshness I was experiencing sometimes on the high frequencies is gone , and that's the main goal I had. As well, the clarity of the sound is superb, and it's gotten better in the 2 days it's been running. Think it will be a long term love affair!...))..Of course, should better cables rear their ugly head, who knows...as of now , I must say I'm very content.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, I did!...My speakers have powered woofers, so I'm really just driving the mid range and tweeters....the E650 seems plenty powerful , as volume and clarity at high levels aren't an issue . Previous amp was a Pass Labs 30 W Class A, and it never seemed to break a sweat , and I like my music very loud at times.
The opinions of those on this site as to the sound quality of these amps played a big part in my decision. Far more experienced than I , and you have to trust their ears in my opinion.
I must say it sounds very good so far. The harshness I was experiencing sometimes on the high frequencies is gone , and that's the main goal I had. As well, the clarity of the sound is superb, and it's gotten better in the 2 days it's been running. Think it will be a long term love affair!...))..Of course, should better cables rear their ugly head, who knows...as of now , I must say I'm very content.

Wow... You spent 10K+ without hearing it first... you are quite reckless Monsieur!!!

You had the Pass INT-30A before?

Last edited by simon44; 03-13-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:34 PM

Lol..Money and brains don't always go together!!
And figured if it wasn't my cup of tea it would be sellable into the US market, as I live right on the border, so sending or receiving products are easy for me. But having read all the great impressions about Accuphase, I thought this was a fairly safe purchase, and I believe it was having received it.Don't think anyone , with a few exceptions, would find much fault with this, unless the budget is well beyond mine. GreginNH had commented months ago about how well his Accuphase worked with my speakers in an audio store in NH who sells them, the comment being that the rep was very impressed with the synergy. Guys like him who have a lot of experience are a great source of info and guidance , as I simply can't have these products readily listenable in my area. And Ivan has spoken very highly of the brand as well, and I trust his ears and experience as well. Others, too, have commented on Accuphase, so that's what guided my decision.

No, had the XA 30.8....worked well, but initial impressions are it wasn't as "refined" as this one....
Old 03-13-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
Hey Max.. Glad you've made it to the audio promised land and are enjoying the 650. It will get much better with time.
A love affair with Accuphase can last for decades. In my case I fell in love when I was 20, but only recently have i been able to make that love a reality in my home. I'm never looking back. Enjoy!
Thanks....I see by your system that you are VERY in love with Accuphase!!..
Never thought I'd be back with an integrated, but must say it seems like a good choice. A long way from the Heathkit receiver I built in college on the living room floor, and a bit more refined!!

Thanks again.