AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Martin Logan

Martin Logan Panel Speakers Extraordinare

Old 05-05-2016, 12:30 PM

Default Masterpiece lineup expansion

Just heard from Devin @ M/L they are expanding their Masterpiece lineup of speakers .........

MartinLogan Expands the Masterpiece Series with the Launch of Two New Electrostatic Loudspeakers: Expression? ESL 13A and Impression? ESL 11A

pics to be forthcoming soon .........
Old 05-05-2016, 12:57 PM

At this price point, it looks like they are going to be replacing the Summit X and Montis respectively. Very interesting!
Old 05-06-2016, 07:30 PM

I was at the HighEnd Munich yesterday and could hear the new Renaissance ESL 15A and the Neolith.
Was very impressed about the new Renaissance panel and the powerful bass section. The "Perfect Bass Kit" calibrate the sub system nicely but still left a good punch my Summit X can not deliver.
After i went home (only 1 hour to go by car) i played the same Demo music on my system (Esoteric D-02, GRUENSCH CSE II se- STEREO AMPLIFIER, Summit X)
But i have to admit that the Renaissance is a big step forward in sound quality. just wow
Old 05-06-2016, 07:50 PM

I'm looking forward to the new generation panels moving down the line; the Impression (poised to replace the Montis it seems) will probably be a perfect fit for me when I look to upgrade my Theos.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiokarl View Post
I was at the HighEnd Munich yesterday and could hear the new Renaissance ESL 15A and the Neolith.
Was very impressed about the new Renaissance panel and the powerful bass section. The "Perfect Bass Kit" calibrate the sub system nicely but still left a good punch my Summit X can not deliver.
After i went home (only 1 hour to go by car) i played the same Demo music on my system (Esoteric D-02, GRUENSCH CSE II se- STEREO AMPLIFIER, Summit X)
But i have to admit that the Renaissance is a big step forward in sound quality. just wow
interesting observation, myself having just moved away from Martin Logan after thirty plus years of 'di-pole' listening will need to give a listen as soon as I can.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiokarl View Post
On the one hand, it's exciting. On the other hand, I wonder how the Renaissance compares to the CLX ART given that the price point is the same whereas the $10k difference between the Summit X and Renaissance means I would expect a sizable step up.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalthien View Post
On the one hand, it's exciting. On the other hand, I wonder how the Renaissance compares to the CLX ART given that the price point is the same whereas the $10k difference between the Summit X and Renaissance means I would expect a sizable step up.
that's easy ........... as good as the CLX's are their bass extension won't come close to the Renaissance. Besides the stat panel of the 15A is larger as well.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
that's easy ........... as good as the CLX's are their bass extension won't come close to the Renaissance. Besides the stat panel of the 15A is larger as well.
Certainly the CLX lacks in extension--big time.

I didn't see the panel measurements on the Renaissance--good to know that they are larger and the CLX. My biggest interest would be performance above the crossover point: how much better are the newest generation of panels? Below the crossover is fine--but I'm not as excited about some integrated powered drivers.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalthien View Post
Certainly the CLX lacks in extension--big time.
while this is true, having listened to the CLX's complemented with a pair of Decent i's, I can tell you, they were magical indeed !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0012.jpg (736.3 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by Mikado463; 05-06-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
while this is true, having listened to the CLX's complemented with a pair of Decent i's, I can tell you, they were magical indeed !
Well that's why I'm not as excited about things below the crossover point or the deep extension. I run very powerful and crisp subwoofers for everything below 60hz so I've got that covered.