AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Schiit

Schiit Designed For The Real World

Old 08-28-2018, 08:43 PM

Not to be too presumptuous, but unless you're on a tight budget I think you should consider the Yggy too. Your McIntosh gear will appreciate it right away, and the other stuff can be upgraded over time.

When I bought my Yggy, it cost as much as my amp and speakers combined (I knew I'd be upgrading the other stuff later, and I didn't want to buy a DAC that would end up on the shelf after 2-3 years). It elevated that system WAY beyond its price tag.

Last edited by PeterMusic; 08-28-2018 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:22 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
Yep..... 'schiit' or get off the pot !

Fighting my urges here.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 08-28-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Fighting my urges here.

Do it! Muwahahahahaha
Old 08-29-2018, 06:50 AM

The Yggdrasil is on par with your McIntosh gear, and there is a strong case to be made for keeping gear "on par." Either way you go, Schiit multibit delivers the goods.
Schiit URD CD Transport > Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC > Schiit Loki Max EQ > Bryston BP-26 Preampamplifier > Schiit Vidar Power Amp > B & W 805D + JL Audio E112 subwoofers (x2); Power- Shunyata Venom 16; ADD-Powr Symphony Pro & Eau2's; Equitech Son of Q; Cabling- Wireworld IC, Synergistic Research SC, Shunyata PC.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Not to be too presumptuous, but unless you're on a tight budget I think you should consider the Yggy too. Your McIntosh gear will appreciate it right away, and the other stuff can be upgraded over time.

When I bought my Yggy, it cost as much as my amp and speakers combined (I knew I'd be upgrading the other stuff later, and I didn't want to buy a DAC that would end up on the shelf after 2-3 years). It elevated that system WAY beyond its price tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Blues View Post
The Yggdrasil is on par with your McIntosh gear, and there is a strong case to be made for keeping gear "on par." Either way you go, Schiit multibit delivers the goods.
I'll be honest, I thought the Yggy was overkill for my system. Truthfully I just acquired the Mcintosh gear last year from audio classics so I won't be trading any of those components out anytime soon.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
I'll be honest, I thought the Yggy was overkill for my system. Truthfully I just acquired the Mcintosh gear last year from audio classics so I won't be trading any of those components out anytime soon.
With all due respect, I think you're confused by the Yggy's extraordinary reviews. You've got over $10K in amplification. I don't think you've mentioned your speakers, but a typical ratio would put you at another $10K+. At these levels, $2.5K for a DAC is a no-brainer.

But don't take my word for it--ask your dealer how much you might budget for a DAC worthy of your amps. Then buy the Yggy and treat yourself to some cables with part of the savings
Old 08-29-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
With all due respect, I think you're confused by the Yggy's extraordinary reviews. You've got over $10K in amplification. I don't think you've mentioned your speakers, but a typical ratio would put you at another $10K+. At these levels, $2.5K for a DAC is a no-brainer.

But don't take my word for it--ask your dealer how much you might budget for a DAC worthy of your amps. Then buy the Yggy and treat yourself to some cables with part of the savings
Good point, I guess I paid a little over 8k total for the c2300 and mc402. I'm using paradigm prestige 95f speakers.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:47 PM
Retired

Get the Gumby multibit and I'll buy it from you next year when you upgrade to the Yggy.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 08-29-2018, 02:12 PM

You guys are not making this easy..I was originally debating the gumby and gumby multibit and now I'm looking at the yggy.. It does look like a nice piece of kit.

In the meantime, I'm also looking at wireworld digital cables (silver star 7) and audio interconnects (eclipse or equinox).
Old 08-29-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
You guys are not making this easy..I was originally debating the gumby and gumby multibit and now I'm looking at the yggy.. It does look like a nice piece of kit.

In the meantime, I'm also looking at wireworld digital cables (silver star 7) and audio interconnects (eclipse or equinox).
If you thought you were gonna save money with this thread...well...