AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc

MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc Ultra High End Equipment

Old 06-22-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doguniverse View Post
Greg, what is your room size?

David
Room size is 18x19
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 06-27-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
I am not surprised of your findings. But equally happy for the result. Hopefully this will inspire more people to give it a listening.
I too just placed my order for a Diablo 300 and OAHN is set to ship it this week. I opted for the installed phono board to start and expect to add the DAC unit at a later date. A Stealth Audio Dream V16 power cable and Dream V16 Standard speaker cables will be used to connect the amp to YG Acoustic’s Hailey 1.2 loudspeakers. I am super excited to get the unit and start the break-in process.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:47 PM

Congrats Hobblecreek, I'd expect it to be a great match driving the YG Haileys!
Old 06-27-2018, 08:57 PM

That is my hope. While the sound with my existing Ayre equipment has been good for the past 3 years, I am hoping this change takes things to a new level. Much like the Magico sound, YG’s are very resolving loudspeakers and can frankly use a touch of class A-like warmth. I am hoping the Diablo 300 will do this (even though it’s not class A per se) and I’ll soon know if this is that kind of match. Thanks for the positive reply!
Old 06-28-2018, 11:26 AM

Thanks for sharing Greg. I have a friend in FL who showed me both of their new integrated as well as their speakers. We listened to his full on MSB system with harbeth anniversary's 40's instead, but I wish I had auditioned the Gryphon's. I own the AX5/20 and was told by many in Europe to listen to teh Diablo. I have it on my short list for sure. No dealers here in CT to audition though, lol. Does anyone in NH have it? My daughter goes to UNH and my wife owns an insurance agency in Nashua, so I can hitch a ride on occasions. Thanks.

BTW, I think it's a nice looking piece of gear. I have these and teh soon to be released Vandersteen mono blocks on my short list (I own Vandersteen Quatro's so it makes sense to audition those too, but I was hoping to stay with an integrated amp if possible for logistics). Thanks
Old 06-28-2018, 11:31 AM

Oh, I also noticed that you use the Hurricane PC and WEL interconnect. I am using the Horizon (it's the WEL< but they switched the name after a threatened law suit) and ordered the Dragon for my server/streamer/ DAC (will get delivery in August) Teh Memory Player as well as for my AQ Niagara 1000 (got the high current one), so your cabling is close. Very interesting, lol.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsooner View Post
Thanks for sharing Greg. I have a friend in FL who showed me both of their new integrated as well as their speakers. We listened to his full on MSB system with harbeth anniversary's 40's instead, but I wish I had auditioned the Gryphon's. I own the AX5/20 and was told by many in Europe to listen to teh Diablo. I have it on my short list for sure. No dealers here in CT to audition though, lol. Does anyone in NH have it? My daughter goes to UNH and my wife owns an insurance agency in Nashua, so I can hitch a ride on occasions. Thanks.

BTW, I think it's a nice looking piece of gear. I have these and teh soon to be released Vandersteen mono blocks on my short list (I own Vandersteen Quatro's so it makes sense to audition those too, but I was hoping to stay with an integrated amp if possible for logistics). Thanks
No dealers in NH. Goodwins in MA just picked up the line. I am not sure if they stock anything though. You are welcome to come over to my place to audition the Diablo any time.

Greg
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 07-05-2018, 01:46 PM

Greg, not sure where in NH you are, but daughter has a semester left at UNH and wife opened a new insurance agency in Nashua, so I can often times hitch a ride up there, lol. Not sure where you are located. Always good to meet semi close audiophiles thanks

Last edited by Masterlu; 07-07-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Posting email addresses is against Forum Rules.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:43 PM

Hi all
I demoed one of these amps in store I did like it but for two things
The major thing was when you turn up the volume you get guide a loud click though the speakers.
Second was touch screen volume control its minor but hard to work quickly.
The clicking was a major turn of for me for 24k I don’t want to hear clicking through speakers as I am pressing volume up and down.
Any body else have this?
Old 07-07-2018, 05:51 PM

In my set up the faint click sound is heard from the Diablo itself. But not in my speakers.
As I understand it the "clicking" is a result of how they have constructed the volume control. The goal is to have one that have as little effect on the SQ as possible.
Here is what Gryphon say on their web site:
"Unlike the vast majority of solid state volume controls that typically introduce dozens of resistors in the signal path, the Diablo 300 employs no more than two for any given level setting."