AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 05-21-2019, 01:58 PM

joeling , if possible see if you can get a loan of both brands , that way it will be a better decision on what brand fits your taste and system.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeling View Post
I am also in the market for power cords for C3850 and a pair of A250. I can get Cardas Clear Beyond or Shunyata locally. Shunyata is more expensive. I am a slight bias towards warm sound. Do u think I can get away with Cardas ?
Joeling, Cardas Clear Beyond probably is not good enough for your system. Are you looking for power cords for all of the C3850 and A250?
Old 10-28-2019, 10:54 PM

Not wanting to derail a running thread but I believe Accuphase released a limited set of 40th anniversary cables. I am wondering what these are like when paired with Accuphase gear and how you tell them apart from what appear to be a knock off coming out of China?

Cheers
Old 12-24-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktliao88 View Post
Joeling, Cardas Clear Beyond probably is not good enough for your system. Are you looking for power cords for all of the C3850 and A250?
Hi, may I know why Cardas is not good enough for Accuphase. Has you tried it before. Thanks and merry x’mas!
Old 12-24-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plb0202 View Post
Not wanting to derail a running thread but I believe Accuphase released a limited set of 40th anniversary cables. I am wondering what these are like when paired with Accuphase gear and how you tell them apart from what appear to be a knock off coming out of China?

Cheers
Hi, may I know what 40th anniversary cables ? I am quite interested to know as well. Thanks and merry x’mas!
Old 12-26-2019, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
And interestingly, their owners manual tells you not to use any other power cord!
That comment is most likely included as a subtle warning, since a few aftermarket AC cables are far too heavy to be supported by the connector alone and can wear the plastic and contacts leading to a breakdown over time.

If you have an external power cable that's heavier than the supplied AC cable, then it must be supported by other means. This can include Velcro tied to the post of the rack, wood blocks or even the elaborate Furutech NCF.
Old 12-26-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeling View Post
I am also in the market for power cords for C3850 and a pair of A250. I can get Cardas Clear Beyond or Shunyata locally. Shunyata is more expensive. I am a slight bias towards warm sound. Do u think I can get away with Cardas ?

Previously I found my accuphase c2150 with A75 sound on slower and polite side.mI recently had nordost Valhalla 2 on demo. Found it greatly improves the dynamic and speed of the system. And yet it does not sound harsh or bright.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:49 AM

Hello guys
As I said on another thread, I'm a pretty new "convert" to Accuphase, coming from a Shindo entry level combo (Aurieges+Montille) into an E-308 (back in December) and currently owning an E-600.
Coming to the power cord for my E-600, I was wondering if is anyone here who has tried few power cords on class A integrated from Accuphase and would care to elaborate on sound differences between these cables (assuming each cable has its own manufacturer's signature - e.g. Nordost sound, Shunyata sound, etc.). I got some idea about what people are using (e.g Higgens suggested Shunyata Delta NR, restock said Nordost), but I was wondering about differences/comparisons (why one would choose Shunyata over Nordost, for instance).
For speakers, I am using Altec/GPA 604-8H-ii drivers into 620 ("enlarged" to 9 cuft) enclosures using Werner Jagusch crossovers. The only thing that I sort of miss after switching from Shindo to Accu is the reproduced music's density (I can't really find the proper word here, sorry), but I have gained more transparency, (micro) detail and nuances. But I would love to retrieve back some of that said density.

Last edited by catacore; 05-07-2020 at 06:28 AM.