AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 10-21-2017, 11:32 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Active Speaker Dealer Demo

October, 2017

Hi Folks,

This weekend we are demoing the new Bryston Middle T Active system at Audio Video Therapy in New Hampshire.

Gary Dayton from Bryston will be there with Active Middle Ts, the new BP-17³ preamplifier and more.

Please come by if you have a chance.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:16 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Demo … TAVES 2017 … UHF Magazine

October 2017

Bryston's push for active speakers

The original Bryston Model T speaker (the biggest one) was a passive loudspeaker, like most speakers. That is to say, it had an internal crossover network made up of capacitors and other parts.

You can still get it that way. But at recent shows, including TAVES in Toronto last weekend, Bryston was showing an active version, one with an amplifier channel for each driver or driver group. With an electronic crossover replacing the passive one.

Now, Bryston is an amplifier manufacturer, and the cynics will say that this is a plot to sell more amps. In fact, active speakers do offer a real advantage. To make active speakers easier to implement, Bryston makes the 21B amplifier, shown here, with three channels. Two of them can drive a pair of active Model T's. And the six-channel 24B can do the job all by itself.

We have to say that the result was convincing, despite the rather poor rooms at the Toronto Congress Centre.

Particularly impressive was Jean Guillou's organ arrangement of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, a recording that is notorious for including a 32-foot (16 Hz) pipe.

Impressive!

Gerard Rejskind,
UHF Magazine.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:04 PM

Hi James,

I just heard a demo of the BAX1 digital crossover in the new active speaker system put on by Gary Dayton at Audio Video Therapy in New Hampshire.

It’s a brilliant product.

It’s about time someone stepped up against the endless fiddling and fussing with passive crossovers which I think has gone about as far as it can

Bob

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 10-23-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:57 AM

HI

I heard the active Model T’s at TAVES with 3 channel 21B’s.

Outstanding!

Dwight Angus
Old 11-01-2017, 05:11 AM

SUBJECT: New Bryston Active Speaker Dealer

November, 2017

Hi Folks,

I am very pleased to announce a dedicated Bryston Active Speaker Dealer.

Welcome to: “Absolute Audio Video” in Calgary, Alberta

Ross and James will have a fully active Bryston system on display consisting of the following:

• Bryston Middle T Active Speakers.

• Bryston BAX 3-way Active Digital Crossover.

• Six channels of Bryston Amplification.

Having a dedicated listening room to allow customers to hear how much better Active Speakers can sound is paramount and I thank Ross and James for their commitment to this concept.

In a market where customers are asking for more value added from their dealer the in home active Bryston speaker system is a perfect fit.

James Tanner
Bryston
Old 11-09-2017, 07:58 AM

Hi James,

If you recall I'm the person who reviewed your Bryston Mini T speakers for The Inner Ear magazine.

I've been convinced for years now that the correct way to do a multi way speaker is with an electronic crossover and multi amps.

I'm really glad to find another manufacturer who realizes the potential of the format and is actively pursuing it.

Allen Edelstein

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 11-09-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:26 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Active Middle T Demo – Capital Audio Fest

November 2017

Well James, I am nowhere near experienced enough in high end audio to critique your new active speaker system, but I have a system that would list for twice what the full Bryston setup in your room cost, and what I heard has really got me thinking.

Unfortunately my wife and I did not make it to your room until the end of the day Sunday. We were unable to spend as much time as I would have liked listening to different types of music. I would really like find another opportunity to demo this setup again, as I would have to sell off most of my system to facilitate the purchase.

Considering that I am contemplating selling what I would consider some world class gear, that took me a couple of years to assemble, to enable me to purchase your latest achievement, should be pretty high praise as to what we heard.

The tonal balance, and clarity of the active version was astounding. Not to mention the bass! I kept asking Gary if he had a sub hiding in the side room. My wife and I were both VERY impressed!

Congratulations on quite an achievement!

Regards, Rob.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:15 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston Active Model T Demo – TAVES 2017

TAVES Consumer Electronics Show 2017 Show
Report by George de Sa, NOVO Magazine

Bryston Limited

With a friendly greeting from Brian Russell, President of Bryston, I entered their room and found a chair beside James Tanner, VP Marketing & Sales.

James was demonstrating Bryston’s Active Speaker System, this year with something new, an all-new 3-channel amplifier, the 21B3. Since a Bryston Active speaker setup requires three amplified channels per side to drive it three-ways, the 21B3 fulfills this need with a single-chassis 3-channel form-factor.

There are two Bryston Active systems currently available – the Model-T and the Middle-T. The system playing was a Model-T Active system (a pair of crossover-less Model-T speakers with a Bryston BAX-1 DSP Active Crossover. The speakers were finished in an attractive expresso brown wood veneer.

With a Bryston BDP-3 digital player, BDA-3 DAC and BP26 preamp, this system delivered spectacular sound-staging and clarity; projecting images well above my head and with a level of immediacy and control that was mesmerizing!

Bryston was also showing off on static display, their new 24B3 amplifier ($9,000), with 6-channels of amplification. The 24B3 is meant to serve as a lower cost alternative for the 21B3 in the Bryston Active Speaker Systems, delivering the 3-channels of amplification per side at half the price of a 21B3.

There were two new active subwoofers also on display – the Model T 12” subwoofer, with 2 x 12” drivers and a 600 Watt amplifier and a Mini T subwoofer with twin 8” drivers and 600 Watts of power.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:48 AM

SUBJECT: Announcing the Bryston Mini T Active Speaker

November 2017

Hi Folks,

I am pleased to announce the introduction of the “Bryston Mini T ACTIVE” speaker.

The Active Mini T joins the Model T and Middle T Active systems to round out our Bryston Active Series of speakers.

These Bryston active speakers are used in conjunction with our dedicated BAX-1 Digital Active Crossover and six channels of amplification to provide a level of performance unobtainable with the current passive systems available today.

Active loudspeakers are those in which the drivers (woofer, mid-range, tweeter) are directly connected to the output of an amplifier. There are no "passive" components (large resistors, capacitors, coils etc.) in the signal path between the amplifier and the loudspeaker driver(s).

An Active System can bring a much higher resolution and dynamic control to your audio system.

The differences are not subtle and speakers like the Bryston Model T Active loudspeakers take the performance to the next level of accuracy.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston View Post

There were two new active subwoofers also on display – the Model T 12” subwoofer, with 2 x 12” drivers and a 600 Watt amplifier and a Mini T subwoofer with twin 8” drivers and 600 Watts of power.

.[/B]

James, any info on these new subs? Could not find a new post.