AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 10-30-2017, 05:39 PM

Got it. I think, however, in your Uber high end system, you would notice a major difference in sound.

I’ve used Roon and it’s def better than the aurender app, but FWIW I would never stream without an aurender at my beck and call. Of course, YMMV
Nordost Odin 2 cabling
Clearaudio Master Innovation with Goldfinger cartridge
Esoteric E03 phono
Esoteric D02X
Esoteric P02X
Aurender W20
HRS SXR-Signature 4V X 2 rack
Incoming: Magico Q15 subs (2)
Old 11-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Thank you everyone! It's been an exciting journey! Now to cap it off with the speakers!
Nordost Odin 2 cabling
Clearaudio Master Innovation with Goldfinger cartridge
Esoteric E03 phono
Esoteric D02X
Esoteric P02X
Aurender W20
HRS SXR-Signature 4V X 2 rack
Incoming: Magico Q15 subs (2)
Old 11-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
Thank you everyone! It's been an exciting journey! Now to cap it off with the speakers!

Go man, go! Excited for you!
Old 07-18-2018, 03:50 AM

can someone post more listening feedback and set-up infos about W20 + Rossini DAC with Rossini Clock. Vivaldi is out of my budget, but Rossini is OK for me.

also, any info/rumor about a W20 successor will be welcome. I don't want to invest in a W20, and then see a W30 (?) coming few months later ! ( 5 years is a looong life cycle in the digital industry, so an imminent upgrade is a logical option ! )

thanks in advance
Old 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM

So I recently updated from the N10 to W20. Yes I know there is a lot of discussion is the W20 going to be replaced but really with what? Maybe a fancy color screen but other then that its hard to image what sonically can be done but I'm sure they are working on it. Either way figured why wait. Just wanted the best digital I could for my system and this seemed like an obvious next move. Actually did it without a demo if you can believe. With my past history with Aurender I just know they make solid products and figured the W20 would shine and it sure did.

I knew the W20 was bigger like 1" higher and a little bigger W and L but when you put the two side by side the W20 makes the N10 look small. And the N10 is not all that small. Also you definitely need both hands to lift it its one heavy box!!

So I was concerned about moving from the N10 to the W20 and not using at least for now a clock or dual XLR would do anything. Well let me tell you after a good 150 hours of break-in it kicks butt! I'm hearing much better separation of instruments/vocals, little things I have not heard before, deeper sound stage and better bass. So I'm a very happy camper!

Another point I would like to make is the I have played with power cables to the W20 and just as suspected you can get by with a lot less expensive power cable as the only thing that power does it charge the batteries. So what I'm getting at is there is about a 10k difference at least LP between the N10 and W20 but if you figure in even a modest power cable to feed the N10 that cost difference could be substantially less. I used Nordost cables and initially I had Vahalla 2 power to the N10 but about a year ago upgraded to Odin 1 power. I immediately noticed a difference. Recently I have tried the Odin and a Try 2 with the W20 and I'm hearing no difference at all. I'm thinking you could even go lower in the Nordost line with little impact. I have not tested this but that is my feeling. I'm not saying go with the stock cable but something reasonable. Just something to think about.

2 Channel: Bricasti M12 DAC & M28's Mono's Black / Aurender N10 Black / Treatments: RPG BAD ARC panels (F, S, Bass Trap & R walls)
Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's Subs tuned w/PBK
Grounding: Nordost QKore 6 (2-M28, 1-N10, 1-M12, 1-QB8, 1-Router) / 8' Earth Ground Rod / Bricasti M12 w/Acoustic Revive RGC-24
Nordost: 5-QV2 & QK1, 2-QX4 / 12-TC Kones, 27-Sort Fut & 28-LIft / O1/O2/V2 Pwr / O2: Trunk, M12, SC, Digital & XLR's / H2 Network / V2 RCA Sub's
Misc: Mini iPad / Furutech GTX-DNCF / LED lighting / Aurender AMM / Lovan Rack / SR Quantum Blue Fuses & Black Box
Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6-Vanquish, Focus / Parasound: 3-A23 &1-31 / Entreq SM /65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60/ Nordost O1/V2/Tyr 2

Last edited by GW1800; 08-27-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:03 PM

Would someone with a W20 please try the stock power cord and see if it makes any difference? Thinking of getting a W20 and avoiding a power cord upgrade would certainly be nice. Since the W20 runs off the batteries I wouldn't think the power cord makes a difference. My iPhone wouldn't run any differently if it was merely charged with a different charger ....
Old 08-28-2018, 09:41 PM

Glad you are enjoying the new toy Mike! Seems like the W20 is state of the art. Can't wait to listen to it in a few weeks. Also glad it doesn't require an additional power cord purchase!
Old 08-29-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds7368 View Post
Would someone with a W20 please try the stock power cord and see if it makes any difference? Thinking of getting a W20 and avoiding a power cord upgrade would certainly be nice. Since the W20 runs off the batteries I wouldn't think the power cord makes a difference. My iPhone wouldn't run any differently if it was merely charged with a different charger ....
At some points during listening the cord will be actively charging the battery even if not directly running the unit. No different than a power supply output of any normal unit, which is also fairly isolated from the AC components , I'd still want to get a decent cord with good shielding.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player
Old 08-29-2018, 11:22 AM

It's been awhile but I originally used the stock cord and replaced it with a Transparent MM2 entry level PC and now use Gen 5 Reference XL PC. Each change improved the sound but not like changing PCs on an amp. I suggest getting the better cords for your amps, that's where I saw the most improvement.

Dave
Old 09-04-2018, 10:29 AM

I love the N10. Have heard the W20 and it's a spec better, but on the highest of high end system IMHO. I was going to pull the trigger on the N10, but then heard The Memory Player by Sam Laufer's company and felt it bettered any server I had ever heard. I have has many of the top end servers in my system.

I know this is an Aurender thread and I'm not taking anything away from them as I feel they make one of the best in each price range. I have to say, that if you are looking in the 20k range, the Memory Player needs to be auditioned if you demand state of the art. There are always top machines out there, but they have worked very hard to constantly upgrade the software and have lowered all three types of jitter to minimal amounts. The even are installing an analog preamp in mine along with the digital, but I don't like digital preamps at all. JMHO.