AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
You guys aren't having a real estate bubble by any chance, are you?
Many are saying that but these prices have held steadily rising for a couple of years. For 6 months uring 2009 prices plummeted and then they shot right back up to previous levels.

The sad fact remains that however ridiculous one might think prices are, the longer you wait to buy (ignoring the temporary periodic corrections like the 08/09 one), the more expensive it becomes.

I remember several years back when US$1300 per square foot seemed a ridiculous price to pay for a premium apartment. Now that apartment will cost you about 4-6k per square foot and there are plenty of buyers paying CASH. Only if the Chinese economy crashes will there be a permanent correction like in the US and that will affect the whole world.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
Many are saying that but these prices have held steadily rising for a couple of years. For 6 months uring 2009 prices plummeted and then they shot right back up to previous levels.

The sad fact remains that however ridiculous one might think prices are, the longer you wait to buy (ignoring the temporary periodic corrections like the 08/09 one), the more expensive it becomes.

I remember several years back when US$1300 per square foot seemed a ridiculous price to pay for a premium apartment. Now that apartment will cost you about 4-6k per square foot and there are plenty of buyers paying CASH. Only if the Chinese economy crashes will there be a permanent correction like in the US and that will affect the whole world.
Howie, don't worry, our affinity for cheap Chinese goods in this country combined with the Chinese keeping their currency artificially low and pegged to the dollar won't let the Chinese economy collapse.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Howie, don't worry, our affinity for cheap Chinese goods in this country combined with the Chinese keeping their currency artificially low and pegged to the dollar won't let the Chinese economy collapse.
Just wait till you try the new China made Volvos! Having said that they are making BMW 7 series, Mercedes S class, Audi A8s etc etc in China and have been doing so for years. Honestly it is difficult to tell the difference sometimes.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
Just wait till you try the new China made Volvos! Having said that they are making BMW 7 series, Mercedes S class, Audi A8s etc etc in China and have been doing so for years. Honestly it is difficult to tell the difference sometimes.
The difference between a real Volvo/BMW and a Chinese clone/fake? Have you see the Chinese fakes of Ferrari?

Howie, in all seriousness, I know that many manufacturers are building plants in China in anticipation of an even greater demand for their products from the ever booming economy in China. Just like BMW built a plant in South Carolina because the X5 and roadster demand is much greater in US than it is anywhere else on the planet, BMW anticipates selling many more 1 and 3 series cars in China eventually. I think they will also have a rather large success with the 5,6 and 7 series as many more people can afford them these days.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
That is what Ford has done in the past too. The Boss 429's were sent out to Kar Kraft in Brighton, Michigan after coming off the assembly lines for updates.
I see new Mustangs (altered from stock) running in tandem formation on southbound US-23 just north of Ann Arbor, and going eastbound on I-94 just east of Ann Arbor all the time. I've suspected there was a factory tuner shop around these parts somewhere for sometime now.

As far as depreciation goes, just about any car will be half value every five years until 15-20 years old.

New: $50,000
5yrs old: $25,000
10yrs old: $12,500

Last edited by kach22i; 04-01-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Audio,Trains & Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
I see new Mustangs (altered from stock) running in tandem formation on southbound US-23 just north of Ann Arbor, and going eastbound on I-94 just east of Ann Arbor all the time. I've suspected there was a factory tuner shop around these parts somewhere for sometime now.

As far as depreciation goes, just about any car will be half value every five years until 15-20 years old.

New: $50,000
5yrs old: $25,000
10yrs old: $12,500
You know the 5.0 litre is back in the 2011 Mustang, it's an all new aluminum motor; 11:1 compression, DOHC, variable cam timing intate and exhaust, four valves per cyl, 412 HP. Heard rumors of another Boss 302 coming soon.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:17 PM

The driver of the Camaro is slow off the take, but interesting anyway.

Camaro vs. Mustang

Camaro vs. Mustang - Pelican Parts Technical BBS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
1/4 mile drag race...6.2 liter Camaro Z-28 vs. 2011 5.0 liter Mustang...

YouTube - 2011 Mustang 5.0L vs Camaro 6.2L Drag Races

(edit) Of course, neither could compete with a 944.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Read & weep:

Equipped with the available 3.73 rear axle ($395), our 5.0 needed just 4.3 seconds to hit 60 and only 12.8 at 110.8 mph to knockout the quarter mile. To answer the million-dollar question: Yes, it's quicker than both the 426-horsepower Chevy Camaro SS (4.5, 12.9 at 110.7) and the 425-horse Dodge Challenger SRT-8 (4.6, 13.1 at 108.4). It's also not that far behind the 540-horse supercharged 2010 Shelby GT500, which requires 4.1 and 12.4 at 116.0. In the league of naturally aspirated muscle cars, the new Mustang GT is in a league of its own.

Read more: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Acceleration Performance - Motor Trend
Old 04-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
$63K for a Mustang?
Agreed. I could buy a nice CD player for that kind of money....
Old 04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Merry Christmas to all

I was in high school when the first Mustang was introduced in 1964. It cost $2395.00. Those lines still look good today.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-06-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I guess I am not the only one who thinks it... Trump: "China thinks we are dumb SOBs" - Video - Business News