AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 12-14-2015, 10:18 AM

Default Triton V2 concerns

Hi guys

I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Triton V2 replacing my old Hydra 4 conditioner.

a.) can i use my existing Anaconda zitron 20 amp PC with this Triton V2 ?

b.) Would a new triton V2 byitself outperform a similarly used price Triton V1+Typhoon ?

c.) I have my power amp, pre-amp, cd player on the old Hydra 4, can i possibly do the same without sonic degrade on the Triton V2 ?

Thanks for the inputs.

SLIM
Old 12-14-2015, 11:57 AM

Hi SLIM,

I can answer your questions using some in-house perspective, which includes feedback from customers and dealers here and abroad...

Yes, of course you can use the Anaconda Z C-19 with the v2. That is an excellent power cord, as are the larger CX models, such as The Python, Anaconda or King Cobra CX. I would not use anything smaller than a Black Mamba CX HC, or the current Alpha HC on a Triton v1 or v2.

The Typhon adds another dimension of performance -- the presentation becomes more 3-dimesional and music sounds as if its being reproduced to a fuller scale with superior resolution of fine detail and micro-dynamics. Its difficult to compare that to the difference a v2 Triton makes over a v1, but subjectively, I would always recommend to secure the Triton v2 first. Its a very substantive difference from the v1 and improves on literally every facet of sonic performance. If you add a Typhon later, you will be able to perceive what it brings to the table even more readily because of the v2 Triton.

The Triton v2 has superior outlet-to-outlet isolation compared to the v1 or the Hydra 4. The v2 has double the filtration of the v1 and each outlet has its own CCI filter set. If I can be of any further help, feel free to e-mail.

Best regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research
Old 12-14-2015, 07:17 PM

Hello Grant

Many thanks for the reply.

I will proceed w/ the Triton V2 as suggested & down the road, when funds permit add the Typhoon.

As I've been using the Hydra 4, 8 for many years. I only have one dedicated line. Therefore i plug my amp, pre-amp, cd player, turntable, phono stage into this hydra 8. Can i follow same practice & not loose any performance on the Triton V2 ??
I understand and read that it would be better to split the amps from the rest of the gears into another line but since that is not possible in our situation, would plugging all in into one Triton 2 but ok ?

Again, thanks for the superb customer service.

Best,
SLM
Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 PM

SLM,

You're in for a SERIOUS jaw dropping upgrade going from a hydra 4 to a Triton v2. I went from a vray 2, to Triton 1 and now a Triton 2. It's NOT subtle and the Triton v2 is every bit what Grant says above. I did add the Typhon along the way...

If you didn't have the funds for a Triton v2, a Triton v1 is still a awesome conditioner and a total upgrade from where you are. But a Triton v1 + a Typhon isn't that far off from a Triton v2. So I'd go this path. Grant has never steered me wrong on my power upgrades.

The Anaconda zitron is a killer good cord ... I have 4 of em in my system still. A few Sigma's now also.

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Nagra Classic Amp
Cables: Transparent Opus Gen 5 Spkr/interconnect & Magnum Opus phono interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon/DPC-6 v2, Anaconda Zitron cords (x4), Sigma HC & Analog (x4)
Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ (mostly) Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
Old 12-14-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
SLM,

You're in for a SERIOUS jaw dropping upgrade going from a hydra 4 to a Triton v2. I went from a vray 2, to Triton 1 and now a Triton 2. It's NOT subtle and the Triton v2 is every bit what Grant says above. I did add the Typhon along the way...

If you didn't have the funds for a Triton v2, a Triton v1 is still a awesome conditioner and a total upgrade from where you are. But a Triton v1 + a Typhon isn't that far off from a Triton v2. So I'd go this path. Grant has never steered me wrong on my power upgrades.

The Anaconda zitron is a killer good cord ... I have 4 of em in my system still. A few Sigma's now also.

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Nagra Classic Amp
Cables: Transparent Opus Gen 5 Spkr/interconnect & Magnum Opus phono interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon/DPC-6 v2, Anaconda Zitron cords (x4), Sigma HC & Analog (x4)
Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ (mostly) Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)

Thank you for chimming in Jfreck... i will place an order for the Triton 2 soon!! looking forward to this !!!