AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > B&W Speakers

B&W Speakers Bowers & Wilkins Greatest

Old 08-16-2019, 08:59 AM

I’m using the previous model (DB1) with my 800D3’s and find it integrates well and just completes the bottom end for my set up
Old 08-16-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
I’m using the previous model (DB1) with my 800D3’s and find it integrates well and just completes the bottom end for my set up
Sounds like a great setup. Do you have one DB1 or a pair? Curious where you positioned it/them in your room?
Old 08-16-2019, 02:43 PM

See my signature--I am doing a scaled down version of the same with XLRs from pre amp. Set up and integration were virtually plug and play, sound is excellent
Old 08-16-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscottmahler View Post
Sounds like a great setup. Do you have one DB1 or a pair? Curious where you positioned it/them in your room?

Thanks - I’m just using one and don’t really feel a need for two, maybe because the 800’s go very low as it is. Positioning isn’t really where I’d prefer it because of my room configuration - I’ve got it off to the side of the right speaker and slightly behind. I thought it may cause some imbalance but it doesn’t to my ears and others that have listened so I’m very happy with my set up..
Old 08-17-2019, 10:39 PM

I am also thinking about adding a B&W DB1D or DB2D to integrate with my 802D3 speakers. I have been torn between getting a B&W sub, a REL (or pair), or a JL sub. I really like the idea of the B&W sub, but wanted to get your opinion and ask how your experience has been and how you are connecting it into your system.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Michael
Old 08-18-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike175gr View Post
I am also thinking about adding a B&W DB1D or DB2D to integrate with my 802D3 speakers. I have been torn between getting a B&W sub, a REL (or pair), or a JL sub. I really like the idea of the B&W sub, but wanted to get your opinion and ask how your experience has been and how you are connecting it into your system.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Michael

I can’t be of much help on the other brands you are considering although both have strong reputations in the sub woofer space. Ideally you would compare them side by side in your own system, but this isn’t always easy to arrange!

As for B&W, I know some of the guys have experienced some issues with the newer models which I haven’t with my older model. Just be wary of this and make sure you at least demo in your set up before committing.

Mine is connected via RCA to my C1100 pre amp and I’ve used the in-built configuration to match to my speakers. I did have an issue a couple of years ago with the DB1 but this was fixed and I’ve had no issues since - my sub is around 7yrs old.

Good luck with it!
Old 08-03-2020, 02:45 PM

Ended up deciding on a REL212SE. It is being shipped to me now. Looking forward to installing it and getting it dialed in just right.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike175gr View Post
Ended up deciding on a REL212SE. It is being shipped to me now. Looking forward to installing it and getting it dialed in just right.
Would love to hear your impression. I am also looking at 2 RELs to pair with my 802D3.

Also, just read that Rel is releasing an update: REL212SX. Looks like a good update to the REL212SE.

https://rel.net/the-beautiful-beast/...hYbVQifQ%3D%3D
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:10 PM

I will let you know after I have it set up. I will have to connect it via the "low level" connections instead of the "high level" because I have mono block amps. I got a really good deal on it from a dealer and it is new in the box with warranty.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:07 PM

Congrats on the rel212 Mike

I tried to post a visitor message on your wall but couldn’t.
Saw your message re JL

I hope you like the rel my friend