AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 12-08-2011, 11:44 PM

And, NO, it wasn't the Ferrari ad!!!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 PM

Nope, the AD had nothing to do with it!!!!

Old 12-09-2011, 12:15 AM

No but seriously, I was inspired by the new look of my local Ferrari dealer's showroom... I do have a rather large collection of model cars, some automotive paintings and automotive books and it is ever expanding. This room would be perfect for a nice read and to be bathed in the atmosphere and ambiance of a modern, elegant automotive themed room. I wanted the audio to be out of the way sort of speak and the Meridian DSP with built in amps sound just about perfect for a more casual listen and clean and elegant look. Sooloos on top and I would be good.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey View Post
I hope he was going for funny...I'm still laughing.

Just a feeble attempt at humour my friends...
Old 12-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1
No but seriously, I was inspired by the new look of my local Ferrari dealer's showroom... I do have a rather large collection of model cars, some automotive paintings and automotive books and it is ever expanding. This room would be perfect for a nice read and to be bathed in the atmosphere and ambiance of a modern, elegant automotive themed room. I wanted the audio to be out of the way sort of speak and the Meridian DSP with built in amps sound just about perfect for a more casual listen and clean and elegant look. Sooloos on top and I would be good.
I don't quite get it...turning your listening room into a lobby? I like sports cars as much as anyone, but they belong in the garage. Sounds like the "I Love Ferrari" book got to your head -don't worry, it happens to the best of us. It reminds me of the time I installed a home theater, only to sell it all on eBay a few months later. It sounded like a great idea at the time...

Grab a cold one, spin some Miles, and think this one over.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey View Post
I don't quite get it...turning your listening room into a lobby? I like sports cars as much as anyone, but they belong in the garage. Sounds like the "I Love Ferrari" book got to your head -don't worry, it happens to the best of us. It reminds me of the time I installed a home theater, only to sell it all on eBay a few months later. It sounded like a great idea at the time...

Grab a cold one, spin some Miles, and think this one over.
Yeah, I should try to stay away from Ferrari books!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:59 PM

Hi guys,

It appears that Telefunken has never manufactured a LCP86 used in Aurieges and Masseto, this would actually be a PCL86, 14GW8 equivalent.
Did anyone ever tried to replace it by a PCL86, like TFK, Philips, Valvo etc.?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:04 PM

I'm curious about this as well. I've secured backups for all other tubes in the Masseto just in case of sudden failure, but I have never seen or even a mention of a LCP86 tube.

On a related note; does anyone else experience noise from the Masseto during warmup? I get noise in the form of tube-rush for the first five minutes or so after initial turn on. I like to warm up my amps as much as possible before use, but sometimes it's nice to drop the needle within a minute.

Cheers!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:43 AM

Hello, another Shindo owner here... first post although have viewed for some time. I've a nice Montille and Monbrison setup along with Shindo interconnects and Auditorium 23 cables... all courtesy of Matt at Pitch Perfect. Very pleased.

Your question re the Shindo "LCP86" is one I've looked into a bit and have found Reyle's mention of the PCL86 to be the tube most likely used.

Shindo-san is maybe having some fun (?), or perhaps not his idea at all, as I don't know where the practice originated... but I can speak from my own personal experience with my Monbrison and its Shindo "ECL94S" that Telefunken did not make such a tube with this nomenclature. In actuality, a true ECL94 would be something like a 6 volt, gain triode, 7 pin mini in its 5 iteration, if memory serves, which eliminates it as being the one used in the Monbrison.

The tube in the Monbrison is the ECL84 or 6DX8 American variant. Telefunken did, indeed, make these tubes as well as Mullard, Philips, Valvo and Telefunken... I have some new pairs of all the above except for the Valvos. Interestingly, the 2 or 3 Monbrisons I've seen did not have genuine Telfunkens in them but were mixtures of Tungsrams, Amperex, and Mullards. After obtaining and installing true Telefunkens, I've taken a preference to them.

Hope this is of some help or interest. Thank you.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:08 AM

Shindo can provide you with replacement tubes. That would be the best source, I believe for this special tube (LCP86). I agree it's always reasuring to stock some spares.

I'm currently doing the same for for my MONBRISON serie 1. I already have the 6X4 (Mazda), a pair of 12AX7/CV4004 (Telefunken), and soon the 6BM8. I also need to secure a pair of 6189WA, or equivalent 12AU7/5814A, for the future. Luckily, the signal tubes (line stage or phono stage) last for very very long