AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
I have used JRiver in the past. However, after using Roon and its music library management capabilities such as Focus, I can’t go back!
I did. Whatever "Focus" does, I can do faster and easier with JRMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
But that is the problem With JRMC.
Respectively, you have to be a power user to use its capabilities. Life is too short.
Perhaps my problem with Roon is that I am not a power user with it and cannot tolerate how difficult it is to fix the many issues it has with classical repertoire.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Racing Hoopties

Default Better digital options

Fair enough Kal. I live with the issues with Classical music as to me, it is just classical music. I let Roon classify my recordings as it wishes. Composer is usually enough for me. (Yeah I am not an expert). Other than that, ROON is simple to use in comparison to JRMC.

JRMC can also play TV streams, it can serve as your video collection streamer, it can send your media to the moon if you know how to configure it. Far more than just a music streamer but i only want a music streamer with Tidal (perhaps Qbouz? someday).

Right now ROON is perfect for me.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 09-29-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Fair enough Kal. I live with the issues with Classical music as to me, it is just classical music. I let Roon classify my recordings as it wishes. Composer is usually enough for me. (Yeah I am not an expert). Other than that, ROON is simple to use in comparison to JRMC.

JRMC can also play TV streams, it can serve as your video collection streamer, it can send your media to the moon if you know how to configure it. Far more than just a music streamer but i only want a music streamer with Tidal (perhaps Qbouz? someday).

Right now ROON is perfect for me.
As you say, fair enough.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:21 PM

AURALiC G2 stack works for me. Aries/Vega/Leo....fed by Roon and/or LDS.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orosie View Post
AURALiC G2 stack works for me. Aries/Vega/Leo....fed by Roon and/or LDS.
I think that’s above my budget but worth looking at. Roon looks like it will be my first step to get the interface and workflow right. I have been tossing around a SACD player w USB (esoteric) which could upgrade the DAC. This is only if funds free up. Current budget was about $3k. If I went this direction, I could follow that up w a server later.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:09 PM

You’d be hard pressed to better a Silenzio. E continues to support the product 2 years after I purchased it. I could not be happier. I think Ivan has about a half a dozen of the Silenzio units.
I have used both Roon and JRiver. I find the Roon interface more intuitive, but ymmv.
Speakers: Salon2 with F113v2 x 2
Analog: VPI Avenger Reference with Ortofon A95 and Esoteric E03 phonostage
Digital: Silenzio and Esoteric K03-x and G02
Power Management: PS Audio P10 x 2, P5
Cables: WW PE7 SC & IC, Furutech Flux-50 Filters
Rack: HRS SXR Signature
Old 10-25-2018, 11:36 AM

Default JRiver fan

I too will post in favor of JRiver. Not sure if I qualify as a power user, but I find the library management tools fast, powerful, and easy to use.

My primary goal with these tools is what I call a 'portable' library - no matter what downstream software tool looks at it, I get a consistent result (e.g. Sonos, BlueOS, MinimServer, iTunes, etc - anything that uses embedded metadata to find/play tracks, display the library, etc.).

For library management, JRiver excels, IMO. For ripping, I use both JRiver and dbPoweramp (which can do better with more obscure stuff).
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.

Last edited by clpetersen; 10-25-2018 at 01:19 PM. Reason: simplify
Old 10-25-2018, 09:03 PM

I ended getting an Esoteric K-05x which will cover the Dac and CD/SACD. Looking to check out Roon via the trial period to run in the Mac mini for the time being. If I like Roon, then turntable and maybe a dedicated music server.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsmoke View Post
I ended getting an Esoteric K-05x which will cover the Dac and CD/SACD. Looking to check out Roon via the trial period to run in the Mac mini for the time being. If I like Roon, then turntable and maybe a dedicated music server.
Congratulations on a great player.