AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 07-06-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
An overall comment...

We need more people here who share their experience with cables/gear and make detailed posts after taking feedback, time and benefits of someone else's investment of time and money.
I don't disagree, but just wanted to mention that what you wrote has been said countless times on this forum and others. The v2 are a huge jump from v1. There's nothing nuanced about it, so I'm not sure how much more I could add to this, otherwise I would post my feedback. Maybe others feel the same way.

I think the real problem is that too many people won't take the time to search through the forum or do the hard work themselves of evaluating a cable. It's easier for them to just drop a question and hope that others do the work for them. I have to admit that I cheered to myself when I read that puma wrote "Rent them in and find out for yourself." I would have just added "and please come back and tell us what you found".
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256
Old 07-06-2021, 10:25 PM

kennyb123,

I'm the person that posed the original question. What purchase have you made, and review that you have posted, for you to even post a comment of value to this thread?

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
I don't disagree, but just wanted to mention that what you wrote has been said countless times on this forum and others. The v2 are a huge jump from v1. There's nothing nuanced about it, so I'm not sure how much more I could add to this, otherwise I would post my feedback. Maybe others feel the same way.

I think the real problem is that too many people won't take the time to search through the forum or do the hard work themselves of evaluating a cable. It's easier for them to just drop a question and hope that others do the work for them. I have to admit that I cheered to myself when I read that puma wrote "Rent them in and find out for yourself." I would have just added "and please come back and tell us what you found".

Last edited by davedran; 07-06-2021 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedran View Post
kennyb123,

I'm the person that posed the original question. What purchase have you made, and review that you have posted, for you to even post a comment of value to this thread?

Dave
First off, I wasn’t talking about you. I was responding to an individual who seemed exasperated with having to answer the same questions again. Clearly he’s not alone in that.

Secondly, your question is not germane to my argument as I was talking about coming here and looking for answers.

I have made it a personal goal to give back more than I take. If you look through my history of posts, I think it’s clear I hit that mark as I’ve tried to help others more than I’ve sought help from others.

But looking through your posts … wow … I can see why my remarks struck a nerve. I didn’t mean them as a personal attack. I apologize if they came off that way.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Last edited by kennyb123; 07-07-2021 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:46 AM

"...but just wanted to mention that what you wrote has been said countless times on this forum and others.."

True, and I am one of those posters. Faced with the same question, I chose to post it again though as I've had several different types of V1 and V2 cables here so I was hoping to help.

To the rest of your post, I could not agree more.

I am not exasperated though, just stating a fact that I hope will cause action [emoji2]
Old 07-07-2021, 09:56 AM

@davedran, I have two AES/EBUs and two CLOCK-50s in my setup underlying my comments, not S/PDIF or CLOCK-75s. From what I have heard with these though, and with past Shunyata revisions, I would bet these v2s follow the family of cables entire level upgrade behavior that I have come to associate with Shunyata so your results would likely IMHO be similar.

Happy to hop on a call later today (evening US EDT) or tomorrow to tell you more specifics that I am hearing.

Meanwhile, back to my day job which is a good one but sadly is not related to audio.
Old 07-07-2021, 04:14 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Doing a "multi-quote" here...

Quote:
I will say a couple things...
An overall comment...

We need more people here who share their experience with cables/gear and make detailed posts after taking feedback, time and benefits of someone else's investment of time and money.
Yep, I'd agree, Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post

Thanks, Kenny. I would agree, and add, "...please come back and tell us what you found."

I'll just add that from some of the limited beta testing I've done, and from having visited and met with the gang at Shunyata for a couple days in June, I know from personal experience that they work very, very hard to make sure any new cable development project provides real and consistent* improvements in audio quality, and all the musical "presentation attributes" we care about, compared to the previous gen products. Morever, they also work hard to improve the reliability, durability, fit, finish, and "materials" quality of their products, as well. The new "locking RCAs" on the ICs, and the new connectors, plugs, and "plug base" on the PCs are more durable, as well as sound better. For example the use of carbon fiber on the connectors for Alpha, Sigma, and Omega PCs and speaker cables not only look good, but provide improved vibration damping and durability.

*-by consistent I'm referring to improvement across different end user's systems and rooms.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I will say a couple things...

V2 Alpha and Sigma are a huge jump from V1, much bigger than even hoped for on the power, analog and digital that I've tried and owned. Alpha NR V2 at least on powercords easily bested Sigma NR V1 by an appreciable difference.(i did not have Alpha v1 digital or analog to compare in those weeks as I had moved to Sigma V1 since having Alpha V1). Sigma NR V2 was an even bigger return.

I still very happily have a very long run of Anaconda Ztron analog XLR that is excellent. V2 cables would beat that pair by at least a couple levels of improvement in every category, but given the length and cost to upgrade, I've not yet done so.

Power cords in generation V2 and the new Omega....nothing Shunyata has done in the past no matter how good, can touch them, end of story.

An overall comment...

I totally agreed that V2 being significantly better than V1. That's my experience as well. The new V2 and the Omega lines are simply the best. These new series totally changed my system setup.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by respected_ent View Post
I totally agreed that V2 being significantly better than V1. That's my experience as well. The new V2 and the Omega lines are simply the best. These new series totally changed my system setup.

+1
Old 01-25-2022, 11:13 AM

100% agreed....