AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Old 06-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jérôme.......Is this the speaker that will replace your PMC EB1i's?

Rega RS10

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-20-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:06 PM

Jerome... I will be more than happy to be the caretaker of your PMC's!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy
Jérôme.......Is this the speaker the will replace your PMC EB1i's?

Rega RS10
Yes Dan, but only because aesthetic reasons. Soundwise, I think that the PMCs are better.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite613
Jerome... I will be more than happy to be the caretaker of your PMC's!!!
Jeff, if we were closer, we could trade our speakers together. A pair of OB1i would be great in my second room.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 PM

Jéromê
I thought you prefered the RS10...sonical speaking. Am I wrong ?
I am trying to convince the brazilian distribuitor to bring the RS 10 for a test...it is a hard negotiation.rsrsrs...
I am also thinking about testing the RS7 in my system just to check the Rega's synergy ( I think the RS7 won't be on the same league as my Dynaudio Special 25 )

Regards
Old 06-20-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBA
Jéromê
I thought you prefered the RS10...sonical speaking. Am I wrong ?
I am trying to convince the brazilian distribuitor to bring the RS 10 for a test...it is a hard negotiation.rsrsrs...
I am also thinking about testing the RS7 in my system just to check the Rega's synergy ( I think the RS7 won't be on the same league as my Dynaudio Special 25 )

Regards
No, I cannot say that I prefer the RS10. I love them both but for different reasons.
The EB1i give a "Reference sound" as my Wilson WP8 : very neutral and almost full range.
The RS10 are much more charming and their bass, although very good an clean cannot compete with the EB1i in terms of power and extension.
Still, when you listen to the RS10, you get the feeling that nothing is missed and music flaws in a really beautiful way. But the PMCs are overall better if you're looking for the "real sound". Indeed, I love both speakers very
much. They share a common quality : wonderful, wonderful mids. The RS10 are the first speakers I heard that can compete with the EB1i richness and fullness of the mids.
As I already have a " Reference sound" system in my main system, I can think about a charming one for the second system.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Old 06-21-2012, 02:40 AM

Thank you Jéromê for the clear explanation...I know the PMC and I like them a lot since in my opinion they share the same neutrality and high resolution of Dynaudios ( remember both brands have high reputation in record studios ) with a warmer mid. I can understand by what you explained ( even without listening to the RS10 ) that they can give you more music insight...you do not think if the sound is close to the "real" . On the contrary, you forget the sound and be involved by the music..that's my feeling based on your thoughts.
As I have the Osiris and Isis as my main system and I am very, very curious to see how is going to the be the match with RS10. That's the combination for heaven ?
Old 06-21-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBA View Post
Thank you Jéromê for the clear explanation...I know the PMC and I like them a lot since in my opinion they share the same neutrality and high resolution of Dynaudios ( remember both brands have high reputation in record studios ) with a warmer mid. I can understand by what you explained ( even without listening to the RS10 ) that they can give you more music insight...you do not think if the sound is close to the "real" . On the contrary, you forget the sound and be involved by the music..that's my feeling based on your thoughts.
As I have the Osiris and Isis as my main system and I am very, very curious to see how is going to the be the match with RS10. That's the combination for heaven ?
Right on both bold statements above. I did not know that you have the Osiris and the Isis.
Yes then, Nirvana will be very close with the RS10. Obvious choice.
At this level of price, you should buy them directly in UK !
Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM

Thank you Jéromê

Actually, the UK distribuitor is not allowed by Rega to sell to countries where there is a Rega's distribuitor as well as the importation process would be a hell for a such big and expensive product as RS10. As a result, my only choice is to convince the brazilian distribuitor to bring one pair for a listening test. I was even thinking about buying the RS10 even without listening but I think I can not run that kind of risk.

Regards,
Old 06-21-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBA
Thank you Jéromê

Actually, the UK distribuitor is not allowed by Rega to sell to countries where there is a Rega's distribuitor as well as the importation process would be a hell for a such big and expensive product as RS10. As a result, my only choice is to convince the brazilian distribuitor to bring one pair for a listening test. I was even thinking about buying the RS10 even without listening but I think I can not run that kind of risk.

Regards,
Good luck !

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado