AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 09-21-2012, 12:28 AM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Jeffkad: No, I don't have an ssp800 and I would just like to avoid buying one. The issues I reported really bothered me, I have been using the analog input a lot more than I anticipated. It would put my mind at rest if I knew Bryston is committed to look at or fixing them, I don't see myself living long-term with a processor with that many issues.

I left a message to Bryston two days ago and they didn't called me back. I will follow up tomorrow with them and dealer. We'll see

Good to see if you have similar with setup with Revel and BDP-95. I have setup voice2 center this week and I started watching some movies I must says it just keep getting better! (soundwise)
Old 09-21-2012, 02:08 AM

Now I am just curious as there are some WISHES
going on .
My question ,Is it a possibility to have these kind of EQ system can be added by Bryston at some later point or its just a wishful thinking .
Does that mean ADA Mach 4 with equaliser could be another competitor to Bryston Sp3.
I have been informed in this forum may be ADA cinema rhapsody Mach 4 not as good in 2ch.
I have recently contacted distributor in Australia for ADA and price for Mach 4 is 12000/-AUD
Any one can comment comparing sp3 with Mach 4 as it has I believe ADA has very good equaliser .
Mohammad
Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

Last edited by jamshed; 09-21-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:16 AM

Hi Folks,

The great thing about the SP3 is sound quality is a function of the hardware (discrete Class A operational amplifiers rather than IC chips, independent digital and analog power supplies, etc). The rest is software and can be adjusted and mature as we go forward.

I can say categorically though that State of the Art Audio is our ultimate goal with the SP-3 and we will not add any features for features sake if it means diluting the audio quality. I realize this will lose us customers looking for the ability to have an all in one box solution but things like Video processing on board and EQ will not be something we will add to the SP-3.

james

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 09-21-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:11 AM

I really do believe the sound quality of the SP3 is as great as the reviewers and end users report. I am fine with the fact it has no room EQ or video processing - BUT - I will hold off buying till the handshake issues & operational "quirks" have been reduced, and the USB input is upgraded. To me these issues are unacceptable in a product that retails for $9500.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:56 AM

Tl5

Well it's I think it's 14000/- AUD in Australia.
I would not mind paying 9500/- Aud.
Just wishing .
Mohammad

Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL5 View Post
I really do believe the sound quality of the SP3 is as great as the reviewers and end users report. I am fine with the fact it has no room EQ or video processing - BUT - I will hold off buying till the handshake issues & operational "quirks" have been reduced, and the USB input is upgraded. To me these issues are unacceptable in a product that retails for $9500.
Hi,

Most of those issues have been resolved in the newest software so we are making headway. It is a simple file download to upgrade so when ready it will be fairly easy for our customers to keep up with the software changes.

james
Old 09-21-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston View Post
Hi,

Most of those issues have been resolved in the newest software so we are making headway. It is a simple file download to upgrade so when ready it will be fairly easy for our customers to keep up with the software changes.

james
Herein, James, is where the core problem lies. Too many manufacturers are releasing product prematurely thus allowing the quirks to be sorted out and resolved with user installed firmware upgrades. It is difficult to believe that most of the issues were not known prior to initial release. As end users, we should not have to pay $9500 for a pay now...fix/enjoy later product.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netroamer View Post
Herein, James, is where the core problem lies. Too many manufacturers are releasing product prematurely thus allowing the quirks to be sorted out and resolved with user installed firmware upgrades. It is difficult to believe that most of the issues were not known prior to initial release. As end users, we should not have to pay $9500 for a pay now...fix/enjoy later product.
Agreed. The frustrating part is not all DVD players and other gear exibit the same issues. For instances the Dune Player and Pioneer Elite Player and Sony Player and the Panasonic we have at Bryston work very well indeed. The early OPPO players and some of the newer ones seem to have some issues. Anyway we are working on it.

james

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 09-21-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston View Post
Hi Folks,

The great thing about the SP3 is sound quality is a function of the hardware (discrete Class A operational amplifiers rather than IC chips, independent digital and analog power supplies, etc). The rest is software and can be adjusted and mature as we go forward.

I can say categorically though that State of the Art Audio is our ultimate goal with the SP-3 and we will not add any features for features sake if it means diluting the audio quality. I realize this will lose us customers looking for the ability to have an all in one box solution but things like Video processing on board and EQ will not be something we will add to the SP-3.

james
-----James,

The SP3's main emphasis is on Sound Quality with the best parts (analog & digital), for both Stereo and Multichannel audio.
...Solid build quality and great implementation of all its parts.

No Video and EQ noise contamination.

So far I'm right right?

Ok, a consciencious audiophile would treat his Home Theater room with state-of-the-art acoustic room treatments.
And to complement other room anomalies (in particular in the bass), the need of a good quality Room Correction & EQ system would prove to be beneficial as well, no?

I already know your own personal take on this, and I respect it.
Any type of digital EQ will introduce unwanted noise into the overall 'picture'.
It's just the name of the beast; the more you add the more you degrade.

BUT! For some surround audiophile people (multichannel high res audio), is there a separate Auto/Manual Room Calibration & EQ system you like and would recommend in combination with the SP3?

Bests,
Bob
Old 09-21-2012, 05:06 PM

Lord of the ring,

What a good question and what a correct selection of words.
Welldone.
Can't wait to get the answer.
Mohammad