AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 06-17-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
I had to go back to post 1 as couldn't remember the color/grills, etc. Went back to it and saw that -- just a beautiful color w/the grills you selected. You have a very, very pretty finish.

Mine shipped on 06/13/17 -- last Tuesday. Expect them this week I guess. The Wilson account manager had been busy with LA & a family urgency, the Alexia 2 launch on 06/15 and inundated with training prep (doing 4 sessions in 3 weeks) -- just hasn't had time to pass me/dealer shipping details. I fully understand he's swamped and left him alone (and my dealer too) -- I'm quite certain I'll get shipping details early Monday. They will show up -- not really concerned -- Yes, I'm excited & can't wait. Have given my neighbor across the street a heads up that I may need help getting them up the front steps, etc. Besides, up until an hour or so ago, I hadn't sold the Raidhos -- now, it appears there is a sale pending, so moving up the REALLY GETTING EXCITED Richter scale.

Best Sir,

Bob

Awesome, I saw that you had a sale pending. Great news.

Why isn't your dealer doing everything for you? Mine is. I don't lift a finger. Pretty sure it is required by Wilson.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:13 PM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Awesome, I saw that you had a sale pending. Great news.

Why isn't your dealer doing everything for you? Mine is. I don't lift a finger. Pretty sure it is required by Wilson.
You are absolutely correct -- Either the dealer or a Wilson rep will visit & correctly set up the speakers. My situation is a bit more complicated than having a dealer down the street. My long time dealer for the last 15 + years is a state or two away. In addition to sealing the deal, I, like you agreed to obtaining the speaker in the color/grill selection/hardware that was available under the buy back program. I had no idea where they were, etc., didn't care really. Mine happened to be already on the way back to the factory or at the factory from a dealer under the program. I nor the dealer nor BP at the time of purchase knew when they would arrive at my house, etc.

My dealer has a store front, but is a one man band. No one else manning the phone or scheduling store auditions, etc., but him. He's swamped this coming week with business and finalizing sales/deliveries because on 6/26 (next Monday) he departs for an overseas vacation for 3 weeks.

I've known this since day 1 and have received instructions to get me in the ball park -- either my dealer or a Wilson rep or BP himself will visit the house within the next 30 days or so or earlier to do the final set up. I'm okay with the way it shakes out -- I've been playing audio since 1966 -- and not a complete dummy -- I feel confident I can get them dialed in with placement to 75% by myself until either one of the 3 show up to work their magic (and believe me, MR BP has some magic -- hope both he and my dealer show up to tell you the truth.) They both know where I live.

Ivan and those fortunate to have him set up their SF's, know what I'm talking about regarding Mr BP.

Best sir,

Bob
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia in Argento Silver/Black grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit.
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution Bar:Shunyata Everest 8000 w/Omega XC Power Cable.
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:3M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110 ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M Starlight® 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.

Last edited by vintage_tube; 06-17-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:27 PM

I know mr. BP, too. I don't think he's coming to my house, unfortunately I guess I'm pretty lucky to have a dealer close by, though.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:28 PM

Unless I'm thinking about a different BP!
Old 06-17-2017, 11:49 PM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
I know mr. BP, too. I don't think he's coming to my house, unfortunately I guess I'm pretty lucky to have a dealer close by, though.
My local Wilson dealer ceased Wilson Audio representation a few years back -- he's a long time audio dealer dating back to 1978 but recently had lost focus --had way too many speaker brands and thus affected sales because of the number of lines offered.

The last time I attended a store sponsored "musicmatters" event, ARC & Dave Wilson were there along with Mr BP (representing a cable company). It was a great event & when I heard they were no longer a Wilson audio dealer, my heart dropped to tell you the truth. Wilson Audio wants them back -- but it's not up to Wilson Audio.

Last in home visit, both my dealer and Mr BP were setting up my SF Stradivari & SME 20/2 TT. Mr BP was doing things not only with the Strads, but the SME that are not in the manual. I got lost to tell ya the truth -- especially with the SME tweaks.

Mr BP is a legend in the industry & an honor to know & we'll get to get w/at RMAF, I'm sure. Looking forward to it.

Best sir,

Bob
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia in Argento Silver/Black grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit.
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:07 AM

Yup... Same guy
Old 06-18-2017, 12:14 AM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Yup... Same guy
Hey Marc, I had a much greater chance of Mr BP driving down from his previous address in Virginia; but, with a Utah address & his schedule, I doubt he'd have the time for or make any effort at a trip. The training he's setting up for Wilson Audio for dealers is first notch & I'll be well satisfied with my trained dealers efforts after his vacation.

Best sir,

Bob

P.S. probably just as well, Mr BP will eat thru an entire dinner menu. (hey Bill -- just ribbin' ya).

Last edited by vintage_tube; 06-18-2017 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:26 AM
Just Pure Lucky

Oh BTW, guess I better mention new speakers incoming to the wife -- (she may notice something different)

Bob

Last edited by vintage_tube; 06-18-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:51 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post

P.S. probably just as well, Mr BP will eat thru an entire dinner menu. (hey Bill -- just ribbin' ya).
You guys are killin' me. But as long as it's ribs with the right wine, I'm in!

FYI. 2fast lives near the terroir of some of my very favorite wines.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Just Pure Lucky

Due in to the garage between 10AM & 2PM Tuesday, 0620/17. I'll shoot some photos of them being delivered, etc., but I don't expect to do much until this weekend. I have been known to keep goodies in boxes for a few days (my dCS boxes sat in a corner of the kitchen nook for a week).

Best

Bob