AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > D'Agostino Audio

D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 AM

musicargyle WELCOME

Congrat on your Corus/625 purchase. Please post some pix later. I used to have Concerto Int. and loved it.
Denon DVD-A1UD
Old 02-07-2013, 02:46 AM

Default Ten days w new Rowland gear...

After 10 days and app. 150 hours of play my new system of Rowland 625, Corus pre, Revel Salon 2 , Berkeley Audio Allpha 2 and the one off audience au24 SE xlr IC's/adept response ar6t have starting sounding very very nice. What I hear w the Rowland gear is spot on timbre, liquid, fast, musical and holographic . Other qualities that are seductive and the remarkable super low distortion, black silent spaces and maybe even a sexy/lush sound but in no way colored. I keep finding the soundstage opens up and is very detached from the speaker enclosure (one can look right at them and still the sound does not seem to emanate from the structure of the speaker) this effect more so than any amp I have owned. Our senior audiophile cat is perplexed , moves around the speakers, stares at the magical holographic sounds and sleeps all day in my sweet spot listening chair: something she never does.
What I do see is that I need 725's w the Revels and plan to make this happen next week.

The new Rowland class a/ab 625,725 and soon to be 825 and 925 share the same DNA which is pretty seductive and seem to be very very solid and dare say beautiful in their own "less is more" Zen way. I could not be more pleased especially as this will likely be my last big budget system.

I only one small quibble : the $13,800 Corus remote weighs too much and is clumsy in my hands at least. I have other Rowland remotes that work on the same frequency that I like better as daily drivers (the homely "tootsie roll" Capri remote is my fav and I own three )

Good luck and enjoy. Mark
Old 02-07-2013, 02:22 PM

Congrats on your new amp / pre Mark! I've heard nothing but good things about the 625 and even better things about the 725.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a pair of 925s and a Corus myself.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:58 PM

Congratulations on your purchase of Jeff Rowland amplifier and preamp. I have had my Corus and 725 monblocks for about 8 months and just love how they sound with my Avalon Isis speakers. I like the Rowland equipment so much that I might be tempted to upgrade to the 925 monoblocs if there is a substanial up-grade in audio.

Good luck and enjoy the music, as you made an excellent choice!

Sam
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicargyle View Post
After 10 days and app. 150 hours of play my new system of Rowland 625, Corus pre, Revel Salon 2 , Berkeley Audio Allpha 2 and the one off audience au24 SE xlr IC's/adept response ar6t have starting sounding very very nice. What I hear w the Rowland gear is spot on timbre, liquid, fast, musical and holographic . Other qualities that are seductive and the remarkable super low distortion, black silent spaces and maybe even a sexy/lush sound but in no way colored. I keep finding the soundstage opens up and is very detached from the speaker enclosure (one can look right at them and still the sound does not seem to emanate from the structure of the speaker) this effect more so than any amp I have owned. Our senior audiophile cat is perplexed , moves around the speakers, stares at the magical holographic sounds and sleeps all day in my sweet spot listening chair: something she never does.
What I do see is that I need 725's w the Revels and plan to make this happen next week.

The new Rowland class a/ab 625,725 and soon to be 825 and 925 share the same DNA which is pretty seductive and seem to be very very solid and dare say beautiful in their own "less is more" Zen way. I could not be more pleased especially as this will likely be my last big budget system.

I only one small quibble : the $13,800 Corus remote weighs too much and is clumsy in my hands at least. I have other Rowland remotes that work on the same frequency that I like better as daily drivers (the homely "tootsie roll" Capri remote is my fav and I own three )

Good luck and enjoy. Mark
I've had my JR Corus for about a month now and it's brought lots of improvements to my sound.

The remote is very heavy and I agree it doesn't sit easy in the hand as it's not rounded but square edged.

Then I pick up my McIntosh MCD1100 plastic remote and it's so cheap and nasty with many, many buttons that I will never ever use and I appreciate the wonderful quality and workmanship of the Jeff Rowland remote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Merry Christmas to all

musicargyle.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 02-16-2013, 03:02 AM

There is a comparison graph between these amp.

I posted in AA forum below
Audio video> preamp power amp > japanese reviewer impression........

http://www.audioaficionado.org/pre-a...-may-amps.html

Toga

Last edited by TOGA; 02-16-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:59 AM

Default 925 Rowland Mono amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP View Post
Congrats on your new amp / pre Mark! I've heard nothing but good things about the 625 and even better things about the 725.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a pair of 925s and a Corus myself.
Can you please tell me if you received your 925 Rowland amps and how you feel about them. I am considering replacing my 725's with the 825's. Any feed back will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam
Old 03-23-2013, 11:22 AM

Great to see some Rowland fans, here.

Sam, why do you feel you need to change to the 825s? I don't think the SFs are difficult speakers to drive...
Old 03-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
Great to see some Rowland fans, here.

Sam, why do you feel you need to change to the 825s? I don't think the SFs are difficult speakers to drive...
Thanks for your reply. First of all I must apologize as I mentioned the Rowland 825 amp, instead I meant the 925 mono amps. I am using the current 725 mono amps to drive my Avalon ISIS speakers. Those amps are very capable, however at times I would like more power and that is one of the advantages of the 925, however I have not heard the 925 mono amps or heard feed-back from anyone who has them. I guess all I can say is I want more horse power, if I can sell my 725's and afford the a pair of 925's.

Thanks,

Sam