AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 10-15-2018, 04:13 PM

FRO, those cables look like they are ready to explode.

Harbeth 40.3 XD, Sound Anchor stands w/ Stillpoints, Luxman M900 & C900, Aurender N20, Jay's Audio CDT3 - MK3 CD player, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Shunyata Denali 6000/s V2, Altaira
Old 10-15-2018, 04:42 PM

I bet this power cable sounds dynamite.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player
Old 10-15-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpaf76 View Post
Old 10-15-2018, 08:21 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRO View Post
High Fidelity Cables top of the line PRO cord.
I'm anxious to see what kind of sound/video improvements I get, feeding it into my High Fidelity Hemisphere power conditioner.
Everything is plugged into the conditioner, including my Kuro plasma TV.
I'll post my impressions when I receive it!

Out of curiosity, what is the equivalent gauge of this cord?
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 PM

I have no idea.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Semi-audiophile

I have made my move. Taking advantage of Transparent's upgrade program, I have ordered two Premium power cords, which will replace the HPPC cords on my MC501s. The Premiums should be available for pickup Friday. To be frank, there are two reasons for this choice: my other component PCs are Transparent, and the upgrade discount rendered the Premiums a better deal than the other two options, Shunyata Delta NR and Kimber Ascent PK10. I also am aware that my curiosity about these other cords has not abated, despite this purchase.

I still have Shunyata Venom HC cords on my voltage regulator and power conditioner, with no plans to change them out. But I can see a scenario where the Venoms give way to those Deltas down the road, if curiosity overwhelms and money cooperates, or the Deltas could replace the Premiums and the Premiums replace the Venom HCs. I will need to be totally satisfied with the Premiums to stave that off. I'm at a place where I need to be careful about what I do going forward in terms of discretionary purchases, as it's time to start thinking about the future and retirement and all that stuff.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 10-17-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpaf76 View Post
it's got to, it's a 'PRO' ! Looks ridiculous though ..........
Old 10-17-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
it's got to, it's a 'PRO' ! Looks ridiculous though ..........
I had to investigate a little further and I thought their price was ridiculous Way above my pay grade but my hat's off to anyone that can justify them in their system
Old 10-18-2018, 09:44 PM
Semi-audiophile

And here they are, a day early. Tomorrow, I'll connect them and get started, I hope. Especially since I'll be stuck waiting for FedEx.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0014.jpg (91.6 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by jdandy; 10-19-2018 at 01:12 PM. Reason: enlarge photo
Old 10-21-2018, 06:26 AM
Semi-audiophile

It took me until yesterday to connect the Premiums, and I had time for only an hour with the system. First impressions:

Though they're about the same thickness as the HPPCs, they're stiffer, so I can believe they're 10AWG versus the HPPC's 12AWG. It was a bit of a struggle to turn the IEC and the plug so I could connect them to my Furman. This might have been easier if my amps weren't in equipment racks but freestanding.

First up was Fanfare for the Common Man and other tracks from the Copland CD by the Atlanta Symphony. The first thing I heard was the increase in dynamics. The bass drum was more powerful than before and the impact was no joke. I noticed decay on some notes was more extended and even caught a detail or two I didn't remember hearing before. Then I played my Close to the Edge SACD in its entirety. The dynamics were still in force though not as in my face; there seemed to be a bit more "thwack" to the drumsticks hitting the drum heads, and the bass line seemed a bit more separate at times, and maybe a bit (and I mean BIT) more separation between instruments overall. And a bit more in the way of harmonics was noted in some places on the SACD, especially And You and I, where it seemed everything could breath a little more.

Again, this was only an hour, so we'll see what develops as time goes on as I get to play more of my reference tracks.

Last edited by prepress; 10-27-2018 at 06:29 AM.