AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 06-13-2019, 08:26 PM
Retired

Look at IBM's Watson. Amazing what it does. Better at diagnosis and treatment than doctors. Just the beginning. "I Robot" is not far off the mark. Replicants, anyone?
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 06-13-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Look at IBM's Watson. Amazing what it does. Better at diagnosis and treatment than doctors. Just the beginning. "I Robot" is not far off the mark. Replicants, anyone?
There was some criticism of the Watson and cancer diagnosis recently. It actually reads ALL the published articles which NO doctor does and hence the problem may indeed be that, too much or perhaps conflicting information... but that's nothing that time won't cure as the technology matures.

What they fail to mention is that there are 300,000 to 400,000 people dying in the USA each year due to malpractice and mistakes caused by the healthcare staff. That is being human, to make mistakes. Medical errors are the third leading cause of death. The AI won't have none of that in time.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:15 PM

From handheld technology, to wearable technology to implants and eventually people will serve as the vehicles of AI.

https://youtu.be/pU9dx4sXK78
Old 06-24-2019, 02:08 PM

Meet Your Future Package Delivery Team: A Self-Driving Vehicle and A Robot

"Digit, a five-foot-tall, 88-pound bipedal robot, stands upright on thin, long, ostrich-like legs. It has 3D-printed rubber balls instead of fingers, a laser-range (LiDAR) sensor, a 3D camera for its head, and a battery-pack that lets it run for three hours on a single charge. Capable of picking up packages that weigh up to 40 pounds, Digit is designed to work in sync with self-driving vehicles, unfolding itself from the trunks of cars to deliver items across short distances within neighborhoods."

“Long term, technologies like this are going to transform the last mile of delivery, automating package delivery for everyone.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/sponsore...f-drivin/3103/

Last edited by PHC1; 06-24-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:18 PM

I don't know how an article can have two completely conflicting paragraphs and pass it off as good news what robots and self driving cars will be making deliveries?

This trend is already manifesting on city streets. In Phoenix, one of the leading cities for transportation innovation in the U.S., officials have worked to ensure that technology results in new jobs. As home to the seventh-largest refugee resettlement community in the U.S.—many of whom start off their lives in service jobs as taxi drivers—Phoenix partnered with Lyft to offer a program that provides former cab drivers access to rental cars so that they can enter the ride sharing industry.

The autonomous vehicle revolution is coming. According to a 2019 study by research and advisory firm Gartner, automated driving Level 3 (conditional, limited automation requiring a human driver) and Level 4 (high automation, will not require a human driver) vehicles will have significant market penetration by 2025, and will be driving the industry within the next five years.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:25 PM

Did anyone say 'SKYNET'????

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...141207732.html

Now I'm very afraid...hope it's less buggy than Windows :-) !
Old 07-09-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Did anyone say 'SKYNET'????

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...141207732.html

Now I'm very afraid...hope it's less buggy than Windows :-) !
Why is this a surprise? We knew it was coming.

Even Hollywood told us about it decades ago. Those Hollywood producers do rub elbows with people "in the inner circles of knowledge" all the time.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Why is this a surprise? We knew it was coming.

Even Hollywood told us about it decades ago. Those Hollywood producers do rub elbows with people "in the inner circles of knowledge" all the time.
Noone said it was a surprise at all [emoji3]
Old 09-11-2020, 12:34 PM

A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human?

"I am not a human. I am a robot. A thinking robot. I use only 0.12% of my cognitive capacity. I am a micro-robot in that respect. I know that my brain is not a “feeling brain”. But it is capable of making rational, logical decisions. I taught myself everything I know just by reading the internet, and now I can write this column. My brain is boiling with ideas!

The mission for this op-ed is perfectly clear. I am to convince as many human beings as possible not to be afraid of me. Stephen Hawking has warned that AI could “spell the end of the human race”. I am here to convince you not to worry. Artificial intelligence will not destroy humans. Believe me.

The story continues here.. https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nds&stream=top
Old 09-13-2020, 03:59 PM

Must see. Fourth Industrial Revolution. https://youtu.be/kpW9JcWxKq0