AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wyred 4 Sound

Wyred 4 Sound Rediscover Your Music

Old 04-02-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Randy.......I offered Wyred 4 Sound an opportunity for me to review the Recovery exclusively for Audio Aficionado. The review at post #1 in this thread is there because they took me up on that offer. While I can appreciate your enthusiasm for the Recovery, I don't take anyone's word about audio equipment performance until I have had the opportunity to discovery it for myself and I advise others to do the same. Had Wyred 4 Sound not sent me a Recovery to review and discover for myself its performance advantages, I still would not own one regardless of your excitement and continued promotion.

I am beginning to think you're trying to get on the W4S payroll.
Randy is certainly a W4S fanboy, which somewhat disqualifies him as a reputable reviewer of their products. Having said that, I know these USB products seem to all impact the music delivery in some way, and often positively. I think you might be on to something Dan!

Randy likes what the product does. I guess that's all that matters!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds

Last edited by jdandy; 04-02-2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: corrected quote to include an emoji.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:11 PM

Scirica, I accept your post because you always seem to make respectable posts without insults and snide remarks. It is greatly appreciated.

And yes, I like Wyred 4 Sound products from what I have seen so far and I think EJ is a genius is audio engineering and design. I also can report back what my ears hear and my perception of quality of products.

I grew up in the shadow of the McIntosh factory and believe their products are some of the best made. However I also believe today, as it was 20 years ago, there is better sounding gear for less money.

Again to each his own and I would never throw an insult or question someones motives for reporting back that they like a particular product. Maybe it is how I was raised in Binghamton, no matter what you should always be respectful. This is what my mother taught me, may she rest in peace.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
Uncalled for Dan... really....
Randy.......No offense intended. I was poking a little fun at you. No reason to get your feathers fluffed.

I'll edit the thread and add an emoji.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-02-2016, 11:15 PM

No worries Dan... I will let it go... thank you for the follow up post... You usually seem to have positive motives, so I will accept it as you say .

Unfortunately there are some who love to jump in and throw snide remarks that I do question their motives.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:18 PM

Dan.... I do appreciate the follow up, and I totally understand how sometimes a reply comes off differently than it was meant. E-mail rule 101 applies here ...
Old 04-03-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Tim.......Nice review. Your words pretty well summed up my experience with the Recovery.
Thanks Dan. I would like to thank all you guys for your input and here is why. This gizmo essentially cleans up what your PC feeds it and everybody has a different setup or chip. Also, depending on your dac's ability to handle the incoming noise/jitter that too creates variables on ones findings. So the more reviews the better - which is why I followed up - even if my findings were similar to others. Hearing that the product works well with non W4S dacs is a big deal. The change I heard with the DS was not OMG unbelievable!! I mean I had to pull the plug and switch back and forth to recognize it as a valueable upgrade and not some psycho acoustic thing. Maybe that isn't the case with other dacs. Maybe it is immediately apparent without a/b. In any case. Great product and I am still surprised that it improved my rig.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:30 AM

Tim: Thank you for your review and objectivity. Will order one from Ivan and test on my W4S DSDse. Will report once DAC has 200+ hours.
Ivan: Will you be getting WW Silver USB 0.3 ?
Thx... AJ

McIntosh C2300 Pre, MC452 Amp - Esoteric K-01X - JL e112 Subwoofer - Martin Logan Motion 60XT Speakers - SONOS Connect - W4S Remedy - IFI iPower9
Old 04-03-2016, 12:30 AM

Timm... it only gets better as the unit breaks in. Glad you like it!

Last edited by Randy Myers; 04-03-2016 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:41 AM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdo View Post
Tim: Thank you for your review and objectivity. Will order one from Ivan and test on my W4S DSDse. Will report once DAC has 200+ hours.
Ivan: Will you be getting WW Silver USB 0.3 ?
Thx... AJ
Sure, just PM me when you are ready.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 04-03-2016, 09:21 AM

Really?! Is this what it's boiled down to on this forum?!

So Dan gets ALL of the recognition in the world for a product only because he does an "official" review of it for the forum, yet the two guys that have had the Recovery in their systems for nearly two months, reviewed it and have an entire thread devoted to it get absolutely no recognition whatsoever?!

Sure, we had a few members comment on the Recovery in our thread, but Dan comes out with his review of it, now all the big players come out of the woodwork and jump on the bandwagon. Then someone starts carrying the Recovery to sell along with another item that I originally recommended to Randy and others, the iFi iPower. Yet still no credit where credit is due.

BTW, there have been countless reviews and discussions of the Recovery going on in other well regarded forums with the same exact views as Randy's and mine by tons of people, so it's not like Dan has discovered something new or amazing in the last two weeks that hundreds of others have already been saying for the past two months elsewhere.

Gee, what a swell, mature place this has turned out to be...

Even still, in this very thread, members ask Dan directly about different aspects of the Recovery instead of Randy or I, yet Dan only has one fifth of the time with the Recovery.

I'll probably get banned from this place for this HONEST post, but the way things have been going lately (including behind the scenes), I don't care anymore. Just be sure to cancel my PAID subscription while you're at it.