AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Burmester Audio

Burmester Audio Art for the Ear

Old 08-01-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
Hi...Yes, I listened many times the MBL systems from the entry level to the the reference one.
Shortly, I can simply affirm that at my ears the Burmester sound is more analog, natural, neutral and liquid/fuller sounding than MBL electronics. Besides, I found Burmester to be much more musical & magical. Burmester has better engineering, build, and ability to be future-ready. I think that Burmester is the only one that qualifies as an investment and offers the true o flong term ownership.
Of course this is my opinion.
Kind regards.
Sounds good to me. I will look into Burmester
Old 08-02-2010, 12:06 AM

Old 08-02-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Rocco, thanks for your opinion. Could you elaborate on this a little more? Since you have a top-of-the-line Burmester system, I image you auditioned the MBL before purchasing this reference system? How do they compare?
I have talked to a Burmester dealer in Utah ( very friendly and knowledgeable) who told me he thought the MBL to be alittle more on the "analytical" side, and Burmester more on the "musical", but with just as much detail. Just saw Roco's post, and agree 100%. Rocco certainly knows his Burmester gear, that is for sure. I quess, I will be looking at 911's now.

Last edited by Talk2me; 08-03-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2me View Post
I have talked to a Burmester dealer in Utah ( very friendly and knowledgeable) who toldme he thought the MBL ti=o be alittle more on the "analytical" side, and Burmester more on the "musical", but with just as much detail. Just saw Roco's post, and agree %100. Rocco certainly knows his Burmester gear, that is for sure. I quess, I will be looking at 911's now.
Interesting. Let us know how you like it.

How's the 089 breaking in? Do you go direct from CDP to amp? Is the built-in analog preamp good enough?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Interesting. Let us know how you like it.

How's the 089 breaking in? Do you go direct from CDP to amp? Is the built-in analog preamp good enough?
The 089 is breaking in nicely. MY 089 got me hooked from the first note that I heard from it. The difference in sound quality between it and my old McIntosh MCD500 is night and day. Like the difference between a Class A turntable, and a $99 CD player from Best Buy. Yes, the difference is that great in all audio areas. And, I am using my 089's built in preamp and it is also much, much better than my old $10K BAT 52SE preamp. So far, it has matched and exceeded all my expectations to where I might/will buy a 911 MK3 amp. Another bonus, is to be able to use the 089 as a outboard DAC for my cable box and blu-ray player. I like the sound of my 089 better in stereo and it's 192kHz/24bit upconversion, than any high rez 5.1 movie format.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
The difference in sound quality between it and my old McIntosh MCD500 is night and day. Like the difference between a Class A turntable, and a $99 CD player from Best Buy.
Talk2me.......Drink up.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 08-03-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Talk2me.......Drink up.

LOL. Where can a buy several cases?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
LOL. Where can a buy several cases?
Talk2me.......Glad you found the humor. My post was strictly for fun.

A case of Burmester brew is ten times more expensive than a case of McIntosh brew, but highly coveted when found.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 08-05-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I have talked to a Burmester dealer in Utah ( very friendly and knowledgeable) who told me he thought the MBL to be alittle more on the "analytical" side, and Burmester more on the "musical", but with just as much detail. Just saw Roco's post, and agree 100%. Rocco certainly knows his Burmester gear, that is for sure. I quess, I will be looking at 911's now.
If you talked to Paul Manos at Auravis, he's a great guy to deal with...
Old 08-07-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepub View Post
If you talked to Paul Manos at Auravis, he's a great guy to deal with...
That is exactly who I was talking about. Great guy.