AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Stephen.......From what I have figured out, you can make play lists, and you can drag and drop any song in your list (Queue) to any position up or down the list. You can create multiple play lists by creating different names for the Queues. I was not able to locate a function that allows shuffle play, although I can't rule it out. The instruction book is not very deep, although I could probably ask the question to Customer Service on the Sonos website. As I become more familiar with the CR200 I may discover this feature, but for now I have not found it.

Perhaps if I were accessing Rhapsody I could create shuffle play. I was building my play list from my MS750 network drive.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-29-2010, 11:15 PM

I have two of the new touch-screen remotes. I bought them when they first came out, and they worked reasonably well for a while, though the touch screen is not as responsive or natural feeling as the iPhone's. (By "natural-feeling" I mean the on-screen interaction, not the actual physical feel of the glass... there's just something about it that feels slower or less immediate than what I would expect, or what I'm used to). Also, the layout of the UI is sometimes confusing; this might be due to the fact that I got really used to the old scroll-wheel remote, but they've moved things around and buried some functions behind icons that aren't always immediately identifiable. Icons and button labels tend to change a lot from screen to screen, which can be disconcerting... sometimes the bottom right icon is an album cover, sometimes it's an "i", etc. My friends tend to say the touch screen remote is harder or less intuitive than the old remote, and I have to agree.

After a few months of use, the touchscreens started to crap out. Now one of them is completely unusable; you can't swipe up or down reliably, and tapping on an on-screen button often won't work or will actually tap an adjacent area of the screen, i.e., the button or track above or below. Very frustrating! The second touchscreen is better, but it still has issues from time to time. This despite restarting them both, resetting things, cleaning, etc.... basically I cannot reliably pick up either and expect it to work. Fortunately I still have three of the old scroll wheel models which I can revert to, but the net effect of this has been that I virtually never use the Sonos any more, opting instead for iTunes, my AppleTV, or my CD player.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Merry Christmas to all

jdubbs.......This is disappointing to hear. As I understand it, Sonos warranty covers defects in their products for a period of one year after purchase. If you are still in that window of time, perhaps calling Sonos Support at 800-680-2345 will help resolve your problems. The Sonos system is not inexpensive. It is a shame to invest in the various components, only to have your enthusiasm curbed by a misbehaving controller.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Merry Christmas to all

After reading Jamie's post about the touch screen problems on two different Sonos CR200 controllers, I will be paying close attention to my CR200 for any signs of improper functionality. I don't know how old those two controllers are, but it seems highly unlikely that a single owner with two CR200 controllers should be having similar problems with both. Sonos may have a design problem, or their touch screen supplier may be producing lower quality screens than the specifications require. What ever the problem is, Sonos should be making good on any defective unit. With no moving parts to wear out, and only a battery to replace once every three years or so, the CR200 should last, and work as designed indefinately.

Last edited by jdandy; 03-30-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Reading posts on the Sonos forum, it seems that a number of customers have experienced unresponsive screens on their CR200 controller. It appears that Sonos has been diligent in shipping new CR200 controllers to those who have contacted customer support, even shipping the new controller before the defective CR200 is returned, providing a credit card number has been provided. This is good news for those experiencing CR200 controller problems, and demonstrates that Sonos is supporting their customers.

Last edited by jdandy; 03-30-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Reading posts on the Sonos forum, it seems that a number of customers have experienced unresponsive screens on their CR200 controller. It apperars that Sonos has been diligent in shipping new CR200 controllers to those who have contacted customer support, even shipping the new controller before the defective CR200 is returned, providing a credit card number has been provided. This is good news for those experiencing CR200 controller problems, and demonstrates that Sonos is supporting their customers.
Dan
If mine wears out I will be surprised. The CR100 did not come out of the charger for a least 6 months other than to upgrade the software. I have only used the new one once for any length of time since it arrived. I really do like the feel and speed of the CR-200.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
Dan
If mine wears out I will be surprised. The CR100 did not come out of the charger for a least 6 months other than to upgrade the software. I have only used the new one once for any length of time since it arrived. I really do like the feel and speed of the CR-200.
JSYK, my CR-200s barely got any use either. It wasn't so much an issue of "wearing down" as that it just stopped working one day.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Reading posts on the Sonos forum, it seems that a number of customers have experienced unresponsive screens on their CR200 controller. It apperars that Sonos has been diligent in shipping new CR200 controllers to those who have contacted customer support, even shipping the new controller before the defective CR200 is returned, providing a credit card number has been provided. This is good news for those experiencing CR200 controller problems, and demonstrates that Sonos is supporting their customers.
Thanks, I'll look into getting mine replaced...
Old 03-31-2010, 12:13 AM

I have been installing Sonos products in friends homes for some time.

I feel that their customer service is excellent and I have never once had an issue with the way they back their product up.

Have a problem? They WILL replace it.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:28 AM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Good to hear, since I have alot of their products still new in the box.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES