AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > D'Agostino Audio

D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Old 08-04-2011, 04:02 AM

PHC1 , yes yes yes.. I like what you just said. I totally agree !
1. I sold Moon P8 because it lacked body and warmth. and now I can feel the same sound from the remaining Moon power amp too. This seems to be with Evolution series only. I tried cheaper 400M power amp and it is richer and denser, while less transparent. Listening to piano on Moon Evolution is like the player use only right hand to play. there is no weight and richer of the left hand key.
2. I like the same quality you just said. richness, body, weight, harmonics, density. But also like punchy and dynamic swing too.
3. So you said Momentum should provides all these ? Then I would love to go ahead with it. But I just can't change pre amp to be Dagostino's because I just bought ARC REf Anni a few months ago and I love it. So I just hope my ARC preamp will match well to Momentum very well.
4. To find fund for Momentum, I will have to sell MoonW7M and one pair of speakers, either Sophia3 or Salon2 and keep only one to use in the system.
Thanks for your advice.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 AM

PHC1, I would love to have LAMM ML1.2's lovely sound. Many have recommended it to me too. I just afraid its 100w will not be sufficient for my Salon2, I alternately use Sophia 3 and Salon2. So If you said the Momentum make the same lovely sound as LAMM's, then I think I need that extra 200 watt form this one. TOGA
Old 08-04-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
PHC1 , yes yes yes.. I like what you just said. I totally agree !
1. I sold Moon P8 because it lacked body and warmth. and now I can feel the same sound from the remaining Moon power amp too. This seems to be with Evolution series only. I tried cheaper 400M power amp and it is richer and denser, while less transparent. Listening to piano on Moon Evolution is like the player use only right hand to play. there is no weight and richer of the left hand key.
2. I like the same quality you just said. richness, body, weight, harmonics, density. But also like punchy and dynamic swing too.
3. So you said Momentum should provides all these ? Then I would love to go ahead with it. But I just can't change pre amp to be Dagostino's because I just bought ARC REf Anni a few months ago and I love it. So I just hope my ARC preamp will match well to Momentum very well.
4. To find fund for Momentum, I will have to sell MoonW7M and one pair of speakers, either Sophia3 or Salon2 and keep only one to use in the system.
Thanks for your advice.
If you go back to the first post, you will see that my impressions were based on Momentum's with Ref5 preamp. Did they mate well? I'd say so!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
PHC1, I would love to have LAMM ML1.2's lovely sound. Many have recommended it to me too. I just afraid its 100w will not be sufficient for my Salon2, I alternately use Sophia 3 and Salon2. So If you said the Momentum make the same lovely sound as LAMM's, then I think I need that extra 200 watt form this one. TOGA
Toga, the Lamm M1.2's are actually good for 600w, they just won't do all of it in class A. There is a high and low impedance switch depending on your speakers and it does make an audible difference. Power is not a concern with the M1.2's. http://www.lammindustries.com/PRODUCTS/m12spec.html
Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Wow... but at idle LAMM consume many many times more electricity
than the Momentum. Tomorrow I will call the dealer if they have 1.2 for demo. thanks
Old 08-09-2011, 03:12 AM

PHC1 , too bad LAMM 1.2 is not avail. only 2.2 class A/B is avail.
the other model that they have is 2.1, old model SET. In case I want 1.2, I must place order without chance of hearing it. That is quite risky.
Best Regards.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Toga, the Lamm M1.2's are actually good for 600w, they just won't do all of it in class A. There is a high and low impedance switch depending on your speakers and it does make an audible difference. Power is not a concern with the M1.2's. New Page 4
PCH1, if you had a choice would you go with the LAMM 1.2 or Momentum with SASHA's and ARC REF40?

2CH: D’Agostino Momentum's, Audio Research REF40, Wilson Alexia's, SME 30/2, ARC REF2 SE, Meridian 808V5, Transparent REF XL

HT: B&W 800Ds, HTM1D, B&W 802N, (2) Mc 601's MC 303, (2) JL F113s, Meridian 861V8, Sony VPL-VW500ES 4K projector, 120" Stewart SST 130, Oppo 93, 65 inch Panasonic.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-10 Viper View Post
PCH1, if you had a choice would you go with the LAMM 1.2 or Momentum with SASHA's and ARC REF40?
Chuck, that's a tough one for me to answer. I spent much more time living with Lamm and Sasha's than a lengthy but only one time audition with Momentum monoblocks. I heard enough during the demo to say that I truly enjoyed the Momentum's. If I had to make a choice, I'd probably try the Momentum because I like to experience and enjoy new things. I would strongly suggest auditioning both to see what your own ears prefer. Neither is an inexpensive proposition.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Chuck, that's a tough one for me to answer. I spent much more time living with Lamm and Sasha's than a lengthy but only one time audition with Momentum monoblocks. I heard enough during the demo to say that I truly enjoyed the Momentum's. If I had to make a choice, I'd probably try the Momentum because I like to experience and enjoy new things. I would strongly suggest auditioning both to see what your own ears prefer. Neither is an inexpensive proposition.
Thanks Serge... I've had my Lamm 1.2s for 4 years, first with B&W 800Ds and now Sasha's. I have a chance to go to an event at my Wilson dealer in October to hear the new Momentum. So, I'll see what I think at that time.

2CH: D’Agostino Momentum's, Audio Research REF40, Wilson Alexia's, SME 30/2, ARC REF2 SE, Meridian 808V5, Transparent REF XL

HT: B&W 800Ds, HTM1D, B&W 802N, (2) Mc 601's MC 303, (2) JL F113s, Meridian 861V8, Sony VPL-VW500ES 4K projector, 120" Stewart SST 130, Oppo 93, 65 inch Panasonic.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-10 Viper View Post
Thanks Serge... I've had my Lamm 1.2s for 4 years, first with B&W 800Ds and now Sasha's. I have a chance to go to an event at my Wilson dealer in October to hear the new Momentum. So, I'll see what I think at that time.
That's the best approach for sure.