AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 06-02-2014, 02:34 PM

Toga wanted to share his experience with us. He never said anything bad about Magico or even made the slightest rant.

He also wasn't trying to mislead us as he said upfront that he hadn't contacted them. He's usually very busy and I knot surprised if he didn't had the time to contact them.

No need to in full damage control mode, there is nothing to see here.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 PM

Another
Old 06-02-2014, 03:41 PM

The only one who benefits from this being kept under-wraps is the Manufacturer. I am a big fan of knowing potential issues and discussing them with the Manufacturer before I order anything. Thank you for posting TOGA!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlacoste View Post
Well, no offence, but he is asking for wisdom in the wrong place. I owned 3 different Magico speakers in the past 8 years. Never had any issues. I also bother them, a lot (I am a pest, as you probably notice…). They always return my calls or emails, always!
It is really a shame that some people heave the uncontrollable urge to tarnish company QC reputation without first examining the situation, contacting the manufacture or even alerting the dealer. It is also a real treat to see everyone jumping in, knowing absolutely nothing on the matter. But why bother to find out? It is a lot easier to just rant.
What you see here is the Silicon sealer, that due to extreme weather changes have gotten squeezed more than the norm. It is not a “gasket that melted” and it can easily be cleaned. No damage nor malfunction on any one part, but if you let a room go from a 95 degree with probably 95% humidity without an ac, to a 65 degree, 50% humidity in 20 min with ac, you may have all sorts of issues. How do I know?? I called Magico this morning and talked to Dave. A very fine man, who was very happy to help, as usual. BTW, as of an hour ago, he had not heard from any Q7 owner/distributor in Thailand about any issues, NEVER. Toga will go to the trouble of alerting the world, taking videos and freaking everyone out, but will not bother to place a simple call to the manufacturer about this. Now how hard that could be?
rlacoste.......Well, no offence as you say, but it is really none of your business how Toga chooses to communicate an issue with his Magico Q7 speakers to us on the forum, to Magico, or to the world. A self righteous attitude won't garner much support here. It seems to me the only person on a rant is you.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-02-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:12 PM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Wow, Dan, you beat me to it . . . I was just about ready to chime in myself.

But I'll add this . . . I have probably owned more different pairs of speakers over the past 50+ years than just about anyone else here (my list has been posted elsewhere) and, if some sealant, gasket, or any other unknown substance started gooshing out of the cracks in one of my speakers, I would sure as heck ask my friends here if they had ever heard of such a thing . .. I haven't heard of such . . . and I would certainly be concerned enough to want to find an answer.

Glad you posted Toga. And, it seems to me, that every time any speaker is delivered almost anywhere in the world during the heat of summer, it might well experience a significant temperature and humidity change when moved from a hot delivery truck into an air conditioned home or building.

And, it also seems to me, that I have never heard of sealant gooshing out of any speakers of any brand immediately following delivery.

Just saying . . . .

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .
Old 06-02-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
Toga wanted to share his experience with us. He never said anything bad about Magico or even made the slightest rant.

He also wasn't trying to mislead us as he said upfront that he hadn't contacted them. He's usually very busy and I knot surprised if he didn't had the time to contact them.

No need to in full damage control mode, there is nothing to see here.
+1, there was no negativity in Toga's post. I do not think of Magico any differently today than prior to this thread. I am glad that Toga started the thread as in the end I will garner some extra knowledge when this is sorted out.

Last edited by Alki; 06-02-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
*The only one who benefits from this being kept under-wraps is the Manufacturer. I am a big fan of knowing potential issues and discussing them with the Manufacturer before I order anything. Thank you for posting TOGA!
+1
*I'll add to that ~ Dealers and those with financial interests in the Brand as well.
Also, a more forthright/honest feedback of potential issues (if any) of products are usually from users through real experience.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Julian.......There was another thread not long ago about Magico speakers building internal air pressure from warming in an environment. http://www.audioaficionado.org/magic...-sunlight.html

I realize it isn't air pressure causing TOGA's gasket issue but possibly the expansion of the metal cabinet pieces exerting increased pressure at their joints from temperature increases. It does seem highly unusual, especially given Magic's expertise in designing and build metal speaker enclosures. It will be interesting to watch how this plays out.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-02-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
rlacoste.......Well, no offence as you say, but it is really none of your business how Toga chooses to communicate an issue with his Magico Q7 speakers to us on the forum, to Magico, or to the world. A self righteous attitude won't garner much support here. It seems to me the only person on a rant is you.
+1
Old 06-02-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post

5. While I own Q3, I sent email directly to Magico to ask about the effect of warm room temperature to the speakers rubber parts, but they did not reply me, so now it seems I know the answer already.

6. I purchase these Q7 new, and I never know the warranty term, didn't ask it, but could be about a year. will update once I call dealer. I bet the answer will be " don't worry about that, it's not a serious problem" haha.

Toga.
Perhaps it is my English, but I think that these comments do not add prestige to Magico...

I am sure that all of you will love to have someone like Toga as your customer...