AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 06-18-2017, 06:11 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Pete.......With that steel trap memory of yours there is always that possibility. .

Quite honestly though, I can't think of a legitimate reason to mess with perfection.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-18-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:02 PM

After reading this post made me think that lately even if i listen a lot of music i always have my phone with me or the laptop surfing the net.... getting distracted. I have lost a bit the capacity to just focus 100% in the music.

I have homework this weekend then!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:16 AM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Bill.......The studio system sounds so amazing I am hesitant to change, alter or add anything else for fear of not being able to return it to its present state. I don't want to fix something that doesn't need fixing. My intention is to leave well enough alone and enjoy the system as it is.

As a wise man (you!) once said to me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:07 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep View Post
After reading this post made me think that lately even if i listen a lot of music i always have my phone with me or the laptop surfing the net.... getting distracted. I have lost a bit the capacity to just focus 100% in the music.

I have homework this weekend then!
Josep.......It is quite easy to allow yourself to be distracted while listening to music. I often spend time on the Internet with music playing. As enjoyable as it is to have music while doing something else, it is an entirely different experience when you avoid the distractions completely, allowing the music to fill every crevice in your mind.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-19-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:40 PM

Congratulations Dan.
You have explained perfectly why we are on this hobby.
"When the music is over, turn off the lights"
Most of ours are listening a lot of our time our systems, no feeling our music.
Even when the system sounds incredible we keep our obsession to better it and we forget to enjoy the music.
Enjoy, no obsession.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:48 PM

So jealous of your "dedicated" room Dan. My gear is in a multi-purpose family room which by default equates to compromise. Some day, God willing I live long enough and earn enough I can have a similar experience in Casa Cirica. Or I sell the whole thing and by that house by the sea in Mexico and listen to the ocean for satisfaction.

Cheers!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 PM

Dan I have the same feeling about my Classic JBL 4345s. I was\ am building a set of charge coupled crossovers for them. Then I realized is it really gonna be better? I love them the way they are. I stopped half way from finishing and they are setting on my work bench collecting dust.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Ricpan.......I understand the scenario. There are times when the quest for "better" takes us right past where we are happiest. One needs to be mindful of that magical spot and protect it.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:21 PM

Dan - I agree with everything you said. For me as a busy family man and a business owner my audio/music hobby along with motorcycling are two things I do that allow me to spend time not by myself but FOR myself. It is essential for life as I view the world and life.
Digital Software: Roon, Tidal Streaming
Digital Music Server: Melco N1A/2
Digital Sources: Totaldac d1-twelve SE MkII (factory upgraded from MKI) with "live power" 4 output power supply, Oppo UDP-205
Preamplifier: Rogue Audio RP-9 (factory upgraded from RP-7)
Amplifier: Vandersteen M5-HPA
Speakers: Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT w/IsoAcoustics Gaia 1 feet
Cabling: WW Platinum Starlight 7 digital wires, Totaldac Gigafilter USB filter, AQ Sky XLR, AQ Fire RCA
Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Oak spades ---> bi-wire spades
Power Cables: Esprit PC (for DAC), 2 WW Platinum Electra PC (Preamp/Phono Preamp), AQ NRG10 (Melco N1A/2), AQ Blizzard (Quatro Wood CT built-in subs)
Power Conditioning: 2 AQ Niagara 1000, 3 Oyaide R1 outlets
Sound Treatments: 23 ASC Tube Traps and 10 Panels
Old 06-19-2017, 08:55 PM

Congratulations Dan ! The only way for you to never want to change a thing is to blow up your computer and never come on this forum again GO FOR IT DAN