AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 01-22-2016, 06:29 AM

Hello,

sorry but Magico play really with owners of its products.

A S5 can you have "used/demo/.. for around 20k. Euro!!!!!! the new mk2 are priced $ 57500??? really insane!!!

S5 / S5mk2 have a cost of production of not more than 5000 $ !!! (factory / production line) -> the rest??? marketing ?

sorry but is really not a nice behavior.

if I buy "last year" 40k $ speaker and after a only a single year my Magico have "magic" only a 50% value.....Hey man, cut down your marketing.....
Old 01-22-2016, 03:27 PM

Answer: Buy fron a different manufacturer and let the people who aren't concerned with price (or possibly value) support Magico and the other mega-expensive products for as long as the world economy holds on. As with cars or most other categories, there are great products available at every price point, and there is a point of diminishing returns and bang for the buck value. Just pick the ones you like that fit your budget. Personally, I am not willing to spend more than about $10k on speakers, but I am happy that a company like Magico exists, just like Ferrari or Rolex.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:44 PM

All US goods in Europe are more expensive now due to a weak currency (The products that are not, only gouged you when the Euro was strong). MAGICO and all other US high-end products are sold in US$, they will all be more expensive in Europe. I don't see how any company can "absorb" 40% drop in foreign currency. Their US MSRP went up only 20%. I have heard the new S1, it is a complete new speaker, and a whole lot better than the first one and anything else at this price range.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:27 PM

Venere: is not a question of price. the point is that a speaker with only 2 years is already old!
I have Wilson Sasha2 and i'm happy. Wilson is to like "your" Rolex! Why Rolex??? Sorry a IWC, J. Le Coultre is for me better and i see is bot a priceliga/ value.
Is respect for the consumer.
that's very simple.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:31 PM

And lets not forget the %21 plus VAT that the Europeans includes in their MSRP as well. When you strip all these add ons (yes the poor dealers and distributors have to pay rent, that is really outrages ), look at shipping, insurance etc, you are not that far off the US MSRP

Last edited by marsalis; 01-23-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsalis View Post
And lets not forget the %21 plus VAT that the Europeans includes in their MSRP as well.
Contrary to the US, MSRP in Europe always include the sales tax.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds View Post
Hello,

sorry but Magico play really with owners of its products.

A S5 can you have "used/demo/.. for around 20k. Euro!!!!!! the new mk2 are priced $ 57500??? really insane!!!

S5 / S5mk2 have a cost of production of not more than 5000 $ !!! (factory / production line) -> the rest??? marketing ?

sorry but is really not a nice behavior.

if I buy "last year" 40k $ speaker and after a only a single year my Magico have "magic" only a 50% value.....Hey man, cut down your marketing.....
I have problems with understanding the point of your post.

Magico S5 is a 4 years old design. It was first shown late 2011. 4 year long product life cycle is no different than Wilson for example. Sasha 2 was also introduced 4 years after the Sasha 1 launch.

The original US MSRP on the S5 was $30k. The S5 mk 2 costs $38k. The price on other markets depends on the currency exchange ratio.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:07 PM

Spent a couple of hour auditioning a pair of S5 MKII's today a the local dealer. The speakers were being driven by Nagra mono-blocks and their latest HD DAC. All in all a very nice combination. Not being able to hear them in the same room I would definitely give them the edge over "similarly" priced SF Futura's and the price bracketing pair of Wilson Sasha II's and Alexia's. I still prefer the MBL 111F's to any of the above.

We also compared the Nagra DAC to their MSB set-up and at least for today I preferred the Nagra unit.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Spent a couple of hour auditioning a pair of S5 MKII's today a the local dealer. The speakers were being driven by Nagra mono-blocks and their latest HD DAC. All in all a very nice combination. Not being able to hear them in the same room I would definitely give them the edge over "similarly" priced SF Futura's and the price bracketing pair of Wilson Sasha II's and Alexia's. I still prefer the MBL 111F's to any of the above.

We also compared the Nagra DAC to their MSB set-up and at least for today I preferred the Nagra unit.
Back in the days I owned MBL, a frustrating experience to say the least. On some few cuts, you thought god was in the room, but on most, they were a complete mess. Don’t see them as a viable solution for music lovers. HiFi at its best, and worse.