AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 06-14-2016, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_david View Post
IMO, the former setup looked elegant (but its an ant's opinion).
Yes, I agree! I'll try to hide the gear and use frames with fabric in the same way as the former rack.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Yes, I agree! I'll try to hide the gear and use frames with fabric in the same way as the former rack.
Thank you. In former setup the speakers were presented in all its glory with eyes fixed on them, but now eyes scan around the middle also.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_david View Post
Thank you. In former setup the speakers were presented in all its glory with eyes fixed on them, but now eyes scan around the middle also.
I tried with my old frames.

I think it's more easy to relax and get into the music with the frames on.

Last edited by Apexorca; 06-15-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:17 AM

Absolutely great looking setup. Those speakers are massive. Did they come out before the Aida's or afterwards? I'm not familiar with the timeline. They look so different than the Aida's and the 2 speakers that came after those, the Lillium and Il Cremonese that I'm thinking they were probably earlier, possibly a concept speaker of sorts that had trickle down properties spread into the speakers that followed.

Curious, why did you choose the Hybrid stands rather than the Rack of Silence which I believe is still considered Solid Tech's flagship. The Hybrid design seems to be more flexible than the Rack of Silence allowing more size options.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Absolutely great looking setup. Those speakers are massive. Did they come out before the Aida's or afterwards? I'm not familiar with the timeline. They look so different than the Aida's and the 2 speakers that came after those, the Lillium and Il Cremonese that I'm thinking they were probably earlier, possibly a concept speaker of sorts that had trickle down properties spread into the speakers that followed.

Curious, why did you choose the Hybrid stands rather than the Rack of Silence which I believe is still considered Solid Tech's flagship. The Hybrid design seems to be more flexible than the Rack of Silence allowing more size options.
The Sonus faber (Fenice) is a "cost no object" project and it come before Aida. Aida has got some of the technology that The Sf has got.
It Think the timeline is:
1 The Sonus faber
2 Amati Futura.
3 Guarneri Evolution
4 Aida
5 Lilium
6 Il Crémonese

The owner of Solid Tech now use Hybride in his reference system. You can see that in their web site. I use it because i spoke with hem and he thinkt's Hybrid is as least as good as Rack of Silence and mor flexible.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:11 PM

Thanks

Interesting what you mention about the ROS vs Hybrid. I would think that the ROS would have the advantage in isolation because it doesn't have shelves thus much more decoupling because there is less surface area plus you can replace the apparatus supports with discs of silence and feet of silence for progressively more isolation at the source. With the hybrids the isolation takes place between multiple posts but maybe in reality it's a 6 of 1 half dozen of the other thing and both provide equal amounts of isolation just via 2 different methods.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Thanks

Interesting what you mention about the ROS vs Hybrid. I would think that the ROS would have the advantage in isolation because it doesn't have shelves thus much more decoupling because there is less surface area plus you can replace the apparatus supports with discs of silence and feet of silence for progressively more isolation at the source. With the hybrids the isolation takes place between multiple posts but maybe in reality it's a 6 of 1 half dozen of the other thing and both provide equal amounts of isolation just via 2 different methods.
Yes! I see what you mean.
I also thought ROS would be better but thats not what Solit Tech themselves said.
Discs of silence and feet of silence would be a great update in the future.
Some extra pics...

Old 06-15-2016, 02:43 PM

Very nice pics. Yeah you can use either discs or feet of silence under your gear while on the shelves. There's examples of that in the video on their website. Also if you look on the Solid Tech website the tops and bottoms of the posts can be equipped with springs, seemingly similar in nature to that in the feet and discs of silence. This would add another level of isolation. The odd thing about this though, if you watch the little video they have is the stand then takes on a wobbly ability if pushed.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Very nice pics. Yeah you can use either discs or feet of silence under your gear while on the shelves. There's examples of that in the video on their website. Also if you look on the Solid Tech website the tops and bottoms of the posts can be equipped with springs, seemingly similar in nature to that in the feet and discs of silence. This would add another level of isolation. The odd thing about this though, if you watch the little video they have is the stand then takes on a wobbly ability if pushed.
Thank you!
I know. For som turntables it's not good with these springs. You just have to try.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Thank you. Now, my eyes are fixed on them (speakers).