AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 01-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Go Dawgs

Default Trip Report! Buck going out to Seattle to hang with Marc and Ed.

So I’m waiting here in ATL for a flight out to Seattle today (which is delayed of course) to hang with Marc (2 Fast Driving) and Ed (for the love of Music) and my wife of course!. She scheduled a dental continuating education course in Seattle last year so I thought I would go out for a couple of days if Marc and Ed were available and check out their systems. I’m gonna meet Marc and Ed this afternoon at Marc’s place and then my wife and I are going to get together with everyone at Ed’s tomorrow evening, should be a fun time checking out the Wilson Alexias not setup in a hotel room! I’ll post pictures of all of us when I get a minute, so be sure and check back. Looks like I’m gonna have a couple of sunny days out there which is always welcome news in Seattle, not to mention Atlanta is already starting to close schools for our anticipated 1/4” of snow we may or may not get here tomorrow. Unreal.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 01-28-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
So I’m waiting here in ATL for a flight out to Seattle today (which is delayed of course) to hang with Marc (2 Fast Driving) and Ed (for the love of Music) and my wife of course!. She scheduled a dental continuating education course in Seattle last year so I thought I would go out for a couple of days if Marc and Ed were available and check out their systems. I’m gonna meet Marc and Ed this afternoon at Marc’s place and then my wife and I are going to get together with everyone at Ed’s tomorrow evening, should be a fun time checking out the Wilson Alexias not setup in a hotel room! I’ll post pictures of all of us when I get a minute, so be sure and check back. Looks like I’m gonna have a couple of sunny days out there which is always welcome news in Seattle, not to mention Atlanta is already starting to close schools for our anticipated 1/4” of snow we may or may not get here tomorrow. Unreal.

- Buck
Supposed to be 55 here today!
Old 01-28-2019, 12:42 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Supposed to be 55 here today!
I know! I didn’t even bring a raincoat. Hallelujah!
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 01-28-2019, 08:01 PM

Dang!!!

I was in Seattle yesterday and could easily stayed an additional night.

Have fun!!!

- Bob

Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, highy modified MDHT Orchid Dac, Cambridge Audio CD transport, iMac, Core Power 1800, Shunyata and Nordost cables
Old 01-28-2019, 08:46 PM

You’ll have fun Buck, both Marc and Ed are great hosts with excellent systems.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 01-29-2019, 11:30 AM
Go Dawgs

Dang pacific time zone, was up at 6 AM this morning! I made it yesterday finally after a 2.5 hour delay in Atlanta due to our plane having a broken windshield. I guess they couldn't just call the Safelite glass people so they had to get us another ride. I drove straight to Marc's place outside of Seattle and met Ed over there. We a had a great time catching up and listening to about 3 hours worth of tunes. We did some interesting comparisons between vinyl, CD and a bunch of high quality FLAC vinyl rips I brought from home. Anyway, I'll post a couple of pictures today from last night so check back.

- Buck
Old 01-29-2019, 11:34 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Default Trip Report! Buck going out to Seattle to hang with Marc and Ed.

Good Morning Sunshine [emoji274]

Welcome to the Great Northwest!
Old 01-29-2019, 12:50 PM

Awesome that you are all getting together. I had a good time hanging with you at RMAF '17. Enjoy!
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v
Old 01-29-2019, 05:54 PM
Listener in Training

Buck, classic ATL weather call since all the school systems around here announced yesterday afternoon they'd shut down today - a bit of rain here this morning but by the time the buses should have been coming home this afternoon it was sunny, dry and about 40 degrees. Enjoy the weather, tunes, gear and good company!
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable
Old 01-30-2019, 02:30 AM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80B View Post
Buck, classic ATL weather call since all the school systems around here announced yesterday afternoon they'd shut down today - a bit of rain here this morning but by the time the buses should have been coming home this afternoon it was sunny, dry and about 40 degrees. Enjoy the weather, tunes, gear and good company!
Yeah, our girls were out of school today.......don't get me started. I know we have a hard time with winter weather but c'mon.

I just got back from Ed's house checking out his Wilson Alexias - D'agostino system, excellent stuff. Check back for pics.

- Buck