AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 11-08-2017, 11:02 PM

Default Anyone in the DFW area have a pair of Magico speakers that they'd let me hear?

Hi gang!

Would love to hear a pair of Magico speakers as I'm slowly but surely doing my due diligence so that I can make an informed decision whenever finances allow the purchase of my first really 'high-end' loudspeakers. Would love to listen to somebody's system and talk to them about why they chose Magico over so many other great brands and see and HEAR the speakers up close and personal.

Let me know if this is a possibility! I'll bring some records and a nice wine...
Aerial Acoustics 5T, Linn Klimax Kontrol, Linn Klimax Solo monoblocks, Sony SCD-1 VSE level 6+, PS Audio NuWave DSD, Clearaudio Innovation Compact, Benz Micro PP-1 T9 Phono, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Magnify 9'' tonearm, Technics SP10 MK. II (stock), Technics SP10 MK. II Krebs modified, Transparent Musiclink Plus IC, PS Audio Statement SC PC, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 SC
Old 11-09-2017, 12:26 AM
Vinyl Rocks!

There is an individual in the Flower Mound area who is a Magico dealer and has several pairs setup in his home for demo ... There is a group of us that started a small but really cool audio club here in town and we get together every month or so and audition equipment and have dinner. We went to his home to audition several months ago with Constellation equipment and it did sound really good. PM me and I'll get his contact info and forward it to you. Let us know if you want to join the fun with the DFW Audio club!

George
ARC DAC9|Aurender N100H|Berkeley Alpha USB
Shunyata Anaconda IC|Shunyata Sigma Spkr Wire
Old 11-09-2017, 11:40 AM

Ditto on George's post above.

As far as I am aware, there is no local Magico owner that I have run across yet. I was close as I was placing a bid on the Magico Mini II a couple years back, but alas, it did not happen.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:59 PM

Would love to join you guys for DFW audio club dinner and evening, but my performance schedule keeps me busy in the evenings or away from Dallas. I am looking to settle down a bit next year, so hopefully everything can work out.

If I wind up with a pair of Magicos; dinner and listening will be at mine, of course!

Pablo
Aerial Acoustics 5T, Linn Klimax Kontrol, Linn Klimax Solo monoblocks, Sony SCD-1 VSE level 6+, PS Audio NuWave DSD, Clearaudio Innovation Compact, Benz Micro PP-1 T9 Phono, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Magnify 9'' tonearm, Technics SP10 MK. II (stock), Technics SP10 MK. II Krebs modified, Transparent Musiclink Plus IC, PS Audio Statement SC PC, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 SC
Old 11-09-2017, 07:18 PM

There is also a Magico dealer Near Austin.
Sources - VPI Classic Signature Turntable Piano Black with 3D arm and VAS Nova cartridge, SonicTransporter i5 music server running Roon software Sonore Signature Rendu SE, PS Audio DirestStream Dac (Huron firmware), Oppo 105D disc spinner, Apple TV.
Pre and Power - McIntosh C2300 Preamp, McIntosh MC275 amps(x2), Emotiva UMC-200 Pre/Pro movies only, Emotiva XPA-3 amplifier for center and surrounds.
Cables and Accessories WireWorld Eclipse 7 Speaker Cables. WireWorld Eclipse 7 Balanced Interconnects. GIK Acoustics Soffit traps, Q7D Diffusors, 244 as cloud traps. Shunyata Power cords.
Speakers - Martin Logan Summit X, Martin Logan Balanced Force 212 sub, Martin Logan Stage X Center Channel, Martin Logan FX2 Surrounds.
Screen Panasonic 60" Plasma.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsifalcor View Post
Would love to join you guys for DFW audio club dinner and evening, but my performance schedule keeps me busy in the evenings or away from Dallas. I am looking to settle down a bit next year, so hopefully everything can work out.

If I wind up with a pair of Magicos; dinner and listening will be at mine, of course!

Pablo
Count me in Pablo!!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:43 AM

Deal. I'll keep you guys apprised.