AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 08-15-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardallred View Post
Does that mean to get the benefit of the first unfolding, we should connect the laptop straight to DAC?
The problem with that is there would be trade-offs involved... If you connected your laptop directly to your DAC via USB, using the desktop Tidal app or other software which provides MQA Core decoding you would benefit from getting the first unfold higher resolution data to your DAC. You would however then be sacrificing the lower noise and higher quality server performance which the Aurender N10 provides compared to most PCs. The only way to know which would be better is to compare them in your specific setup. Hopefully in time Aurender will add MQA Core decoding to make it even more competitive in the marketplace and then you'll have the best of both worlds.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:36 PM

Guys, a quick question as I do not currently use Tital but would like to move in that direction. Does streaming Tital from the A10 using MQA titles allow full access and control from iPad? No mini required using the desktop app?

I'm looking to remove my mini completely out of my chain.

Thanks
Rick

Last edited by DrunkPenguin; 09-12-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:55 AM

I have an N10, but the app is the same, so yes you can play MQA content just from the app on your ipad.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschoonaert View Post
I have an N10, but the app is the same, so yes you can play MQA content just from the app on your ipad.
Thanks very much-

I'm a simple guy and prefer the on-board dac. It seems this is great unit for me to try out.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkPenguin View Post
Thanks very much-

I'm a simple guy and prefer the on-board dac. It seems this is great unit for me to try out.
I've had an A10 for about a week now and think it a fantastic unit. The on-board DAC sounds great.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbooboy View Post
I've had an A10 for about a week now and think it a fantastic unit. The on-board DAC sounds great.
mrbooboy.......I would not expect anything less from Aurender. They manufacture fabulous digital components.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 10-16-2017, 11:49 PM
Merry Christmas to all

The new Aurender A10 music server/DAC/digital preamp has caught my eye. The A10 is quite the digital package with its 4TB of internal hard drive storage and 120GB of solid state caching playback. The A10 features dual mono 768KHz/32Bit AK4490 Asahi Kasei Microsystems DACs, Tidal integration, full MQA decoding, an optical digital input to the dual DACs, plus volume adjustment of the analog outputs from the Conductor App, IR remote, or front panel rotary control. In classic Aurender engineering fashion the A10 employs full linear power supplies for its various digital and analog sections, meticulous isolation between the digital stages, analog stages, and power supplies, plus delivers a world class jitter-reducting precision clock generation system. All of this technology is packaged in a premium close tolerance aluminum enclosure with front panel controls, an AMOLED display, plus unbalanced and balanced analog outputs. Retail pricing is $5500.00 in Silver or Black.

The Aurender A10 really does deliver a feature packed music server/DAC/preamp, plus full MQA decoding at an attractive price point. It is simplicity at its finest when it comes to digital audio playback, a one box home run that takes the complex and makes it easy. The preamp section can be bypassed if you wish to use the A10 strictly as a music server/DAC, or it can be the heart of a streamlined digital sound system that needs nothing more than a quality two channel amplifier and speakers to put you in the high-end camp. I find the Aurender A10 to be a remarkable product.

Does anyone else here own the Aurender A10? Comments would be appreciated, especially since this unique Aurender music server has managed to piqued my interest.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 10-16-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:26 AM

Could one use the A10 as a network streamer and bypass the DAC? Like the N10 but knowing the N10 has no DAC...Been busy the past couple of months updating my preamps and Amps and the next item is something along the lines of the Aurender N10. But like Dan, the A10 has my interest. However the DAC in the McIntosh D1100 is stellar.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
[B].

Comments would be appreciated, especially since this unique Aurender music server has managed to piqued my interest.

Dan, you already own it, your conscious is just late with relaying the command from the subconscious.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timobi View Post
Could one use the A10 as a network streamer and bypass the DAC? Like the N10 but knowing the N10 has no DAC...Been busy the past couple of months updating my preamps and Amps and the next item is something along the lines of the Aurender N10. But like Dan, the A10 has my interest. However the DAC in the McIntosh D1100 is stellar.
Yep. The A10 can be used with an external DAC. However, it only has USB Audio out - unlike the N10 which has various digital outputs.