AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Japanese Exotica

Japanese Exotica Kondo, Leben, Luxman, Zanden

Old 08-10-2011, 07:20 PM

Jayson...congrats on the new Shindo pieces. Really glad it has worled out so well for you. My suggestion is take a deep breath and enjoy the new gear before making more changes. Get to know this configuration well and that way your next move(s) will be in the context of a well understood, well-appreciated system
Old 08-10-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Jayson...congrats on the new Shindo pieces. Really glad it has worled out so well for you. My suggestion is take a deep breath and enjoy the new gear before making more changes. Get to know this configuration well and that way your next move(s) will be in the context of a well understood, well-appreciated system
You have no idea how hard it is to not cut out of work early today!!! :::|DEEP breath in|:::
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Chief Toneologist

Jayson,

I am soooooo happy for you that the Shindo is everything you had been hoping for.

I am a scientist and an engineer, so I know that the plural of anecdote is not data, let alone my own personal and subjective experience. Because of that I am always a bit apprehensive when I make a such strong recommendation.

In the case of Shindo, I can't imagine anyone who calls himself a music lover not loving what comes out of those little boxes – but you never know.

I am glad it's living up to your expectations in playing well with the Cremonas.

Phew! Huge sigh of relief.

Welcome to the club!

Alberto
Old 08-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Jayson, happy to hear that you are having so much fun listening to your new Shindo system! I only have one negative thing to say about mine, it takes up all my free time and even cuts in to my work time...

I'm seriously thinking of putting an office table in my listening room so I can get some work done!
Serge is experiencing the only downside with Shindo: an unprecedented level of addiction to your system and an urge to listen any chance you get.

I am in the same boat.

Shindo gear should come with a warning:
WARNING: Shindo electronics have been known to be addictive and cause the following: weight gain due to reduced physical activity, a decreased interest in social activities that require one to leave the listening room, an increase in vinyl and CD purchases, and borderline Turret's syndrome (as in: "$%^&*@@! this sounds so !@#$% great!")
Alberto
Old 08-10-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
Serge is experiencing the only downside with Shindo: an unprecedented level of addiction to your system and an urge to listen any chance you get.

I am in the same boat.

WARNING: Shindo electronics have been known to be addictive and cause the following: weight gain due to reduced physical activity, a decreased interest in social activities that require one to leave the listening room, an increase in vinyl and CD purchases, and borderline Turret's syndrome (as in: "$%^&*@@! this sounds so !@#$% great!")
Alberto

#$%&!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Alberto......Holy %#&*!#& mackerel. I'm so happy it happens with other gear, too.

Think I may need my doctor to adjust my medication.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:

I am in the same boat.

Alberto
In small print on the bottom of the warning sticker.

"The substance inside is highly addicting and habit forming. Serious side effects consist of obsessive urges to be the first to open one of Matt's emails and upon discovering yet another Shindo for sale immediately acquiring it."

Last edited by PHC1; 08-10-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Alberto......Holy %#&*!#& mackerel. I'm so happy it happens with other gear, too.

Think I may need my doctor to adjust my medication.
Dan, with the amount of great gear you have I would not be surprised if you swear like a sailor every time you are listening .

Alberto
Old 08-10-2011, 08:26 PM
chief tube tester

Quote:

I am in the same boat.

Alberto
HEHE! I'm sure we can find room on the chassis' to put a warning label.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:57 AM

Guys, for the ones owning a Monbrison, I really encourage you to experiment with different power cords. Mine are custom made so I can't give you a brand to try for sure. I would still test Shunyata, Acrolink, Nirvana, maybe Lessloss too.
Try some cables very open and natural sounding, of course. Shindo's power supplies are pretty simple in design and do benefit from a very "quiet" power cable. The top of the range Nirvana one was jaw dropping but way too expensive ie 2300€ or so...