AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 03-24-2018, 03:19 PM
brownbear brownbear is online now
Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 167
Default

Thanks for posting that. I do not get the immediate pop or the pause pops. I'm guessing it's because I have JRiver set to fade in and out. I do, however, get the pop a few seconds after the last track ends.

I also get a pop when changing from a native DSD track to PCM. I don't listen to music where the sample rate is always changing between tracks, so I'm not concerned with this.

I should mention that I do get pops when pausing and stopping native DSD, but that's always been the case as Dr. Tone mentioned above.

Ron C confirmed that this firmware update is a test and not finalized yet, so hopefully it will iron itself out.

Last edited by brownbear; 03-24-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-24-2018, 05:16 PM
joey_corleone joey_corleone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
Thanks for posting that. I do not get the immediate pop or the pause pops. I'm guessing it's because I have JRiver set to fade in and out. I do, however, get the pop a few seconds after the last track ends.

I also get a pop when changing from a native DSD track to PCM. I don't listen to music where the sample rate is always changing between tracks, so I'm not concerned with this.

I should mention that I do get pops when pausing and stopping native DSD, but that's always been the case as Dr. Tone mentioned above.

Ron C confirmed that this firmware update is a test and not finalized yet, so hopefully it will iron itself out.
I am not sure we would have gotten this far without being proactive. I would say let’s continue to be proactive in communicating the issues
__________________
Rega RP10 - Oppo 103 - McIntosh c1100 - McIntosh d1100 - McIntosh MC601's - Focal 1038BE
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-24-2018, 07:11 PM
brownbear brownbear is online now
Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 167
Default

Upon further review, there is an artifact before track 1. I would describe it as a digital snit or zzt. It's very minor and happens before the track begins music. It's definitely not the pop I hear after the last track or when switching from DSD to PCM tracks. IMO, much more tolerable than the auto mute feature.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-24-2018, 07:50 PM
joey_corleone joey_corleone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
Upon further review, there is an artifact before track 1. I would describe it as a digital snit or zzt. It's very minor and happens before the track begins music. It's definitely not the pop I hear after the last track or when switching from DSD to PCM tracks. IMO, much more tolerable than the auto mute feature.
I agree. I'm happier now for sure, because at least I can work around this. What I am doing is this:

- Set Roon up so that it adds a 1 second resync delay
- Leave my c1100 muted when I start a new album
- Immediately after pressing "play" for the album, unmute the c1100

This works OK and still allows me to not miss any of the music. The only trouble is you can't really pause/un-pause without an issue, and if you have the music cranked and forget this, you and your speakers could be in for a surprise 5 seconds after an album ends.

It's too bad we have to continue to be beta testers for McIntosh firmware on their premium products. I hope everything will eventually be addressed. I'm happy to do it if they are actively trying to address it and if it helps other people. I have relayed my thanks and appreciation, as well as the "pop" related issues that remain in v1.03 to McIntosh. Hopefully, they will continue to work through this. So far, they have been really great supporting this.

Joey
__________________
Rega RP10 - Oppo 103 - McIntosh c1100 - McIntosh d1100 - McIntosh MC601's - Focal 1038BE
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-06-2018, 03:06 AM
Jumper's Avatar
Jumper Jumper is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 43
Default McIntosh d1100 USB

Any updates on your USB issues ?

I have a D1100 since yesterday and am facing a strange behaviour : all my 16/44 and 24/44 tracks play flawlessy but when I try to play tracks with a higher sampling frequency, 24/96 for example, the D1100 doesn’t play any sound. I have to quit and reload Audirvana to make it work again (in 16/44 only).

Any one have already faced this ?

I will try with jriver today to see if it works

For information, firmware is 1.02.
__________________
Mac mini (Uptone Audio JS2+Regen) - Schiit Multibit Gungnir - McIntosh C1100 - McIntosh MC601 - Kef Reference 205/2
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-06-2018, 04:58 AM
Jumper's Avatar
Jumper Jumper is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 43
Default

Problem solved with Jriver 24, must be an Audirvana issue...

[Edit] Problem solved by Removing the Direct Mode on Audirvana. Furthermore, Audirvana has an option to "Mute when changing sampling frequency" with solves the pop in speakers when the sampling frequency changes
__________________
Mac mini (Uptone Audio JS2+Regen) - Schiit Multibit Gungnir - McIntosh C1100 - McIntosh MC601 - Kef Reference 205/2

Last edited by Jumper; 05-07-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 05-08-2018, 06:49 PM
joey_corleone joey_corleone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
Any updates on your USB issues ?

I have a D1100 since yesterday and am facing a strange behaviour : all my 16/44 and 24/44 tracks play flawlessy but when I try to play tracks with a higher sampling frequency, 24/96 for example, the D1100 doesn’t play any sound. I have to quit and reload Audirvana to make it work again (in 16/44 only).

Any one have already faced this ?

I will try with jriver today to see if it works

For information, firmware is 1.02.
No updates since my last post when v1.03 was provided to a handful of us that had issues.
__________________
Rega RP10 - Oppo 103 - McIntosh c1100 - McIntosh d1100 - McIntosh MC601's - Focal 1038BE
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-11-2018, 06:50 PM
JBT JBT is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado
Posts: 1,358
Default

dannyroonlabs
Danny @ Roon Labs
dannyroonlabs
113 posts
Report post
Posted December 13, 2017


Sorry @The Computer Audiophile -- I didn't see this until just now... according to Brian, the fix for that D1100 issue went out a while ago.


https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...1100-question/



Obviously not. This sounds like a Roon software problem.
__________________
2 MC 601s, C1100, D1100, MCT450 Vandersteen 5A

Game Room

MC275, C2200, MR71, Dynaudio focus 160

Bedroom

MA5200 PBS T2 Tower.

Colorado House

2 MC2102s running in Mono Bridged

C200 preamp.

D1100 Dac

Lumin U1 Music server

Vandersteen Wood Quatro speakers

Old stuff

Fisher 800C Receiver

Vintage Mcintosh MC275 and C22

Audio Research d-150
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-16-2018, 02:52 AM
joey_corleone joey_corleone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
dannyroonlabs
Danny @ Roon Labs
dannyroonlabs
113 posts
Report post
Posted December 13, 2017


Sorry @The Computer Audiophile -- I didn't see this until just now... according to Brian, the fix for that D1100 issue went out a while ago.


https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...1100-question/



Obviously not. This sounds like a Roon software problem.
It is not isolated to Roon. I did extensive testing with four or five different pieces of software across 3 operating systems and multiple computers before the 1.03 update was released. All had the same issue except JRiver with specific settings configured.
__________________
Rega RP10 - Oppo 103 - McIntosh c1100 - McIntosh d1100 - McIntosh MC601's - Focal 1038BE
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:39 AM
JBT JBT is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado
Posts: 1,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_corleone View Post
It is not isolated to Roon. I did extensive testing with four or five different pieces of software across 3 operating systems and multiple computers before the 1.03 update was released. All had the same issue except JRiver with specific settings configured.

Besides JRiver and Roon what else is out there?
__________________
2 MC 601s, C1100, D1100, MCT450 Vandersteen 5A

Game Room

MC275, C2200, MR71, Dynaudio focus 160

Bedroom

MA5200 PBS T2 Tower.

Colorado House

2 MC2102s running in Mono Bridged

C200 preamp.

D1100 Dac

Lumin U1 Music server

Vandersteen Wood Quatro speakers

Old stuff

Fisher 800C Receiver

Vintage Mcintosh MC275 and C22

Audio Research d-150
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2018 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Fortress
Fortress
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Audeze
Audeze
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase