View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
The 2-channel only sound is a limitation of the streaming from Netflix, not of the 95 player. My understanding is that Netflix is supposed to improve the quality/functionality of their streaming in the future. I would recommend running a coaxial digital out of the 95 to your MX136 for those instances where you want to decode 2-channel into Dolby PLIIx to have matrix surround sound available. You can assign the same input and just switch from External to Cinema 1. It also makes the audio calibration work out much better based on the instructions I wrote out in my previous post.
I spent this weekend working on the cabling inside my rack to complete the Oppo BDP-95 installation. I hooked up the coaxial digital output from Oppo to my MX119. The sound quality took a big hit going from external to Cinema1 on the MX119. It is really noticable. The Cinema1 setting seems to be a bit muffled in comparison. Do you notice the same or have I done something wrong? I think I'm going to have to take you up on the offer to borrow the calibration disc.