View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem666 View Post
The Roon Nucleus+ runs the Roon Server software. It can also be used as a Roon Endpoint through the USB port, which I do in the big system downstairs.

However, for the Man Cave upstairs, I’m looking for a wireless Roon Endpoint. I brought the magnificent McIntosh MDA1000 DAC back into service. The MDA does not have an USB input, hence the need for an Endpoint with AES/EBU output.

The wireless Dynaudio Link (connected to MDA through optical), currently in use upstairs (Dynaudio Hub on the remaining Nucleus+ USB port) works fine in the Roon ecosystem. Although the sound quality of the Dynaudio Link is adequate for casual listening it is not the best. Also the Dynaudio Link has trouble locking on to the wireless stream, requiring a hard reboot by disconnecting the power supply...mildly annoying...so time for a new box.

The Roon Nucleus+ is still required as the brains...but the Dynaudio Link will be replaced at some point in time. Both the dCS and Auralic seem like fine choices to serve as wireless Roon Endpoint.

Testimonials, I have read thus far, rate both the Network Bridge and the Aries G2 as top in the same class...but there can only be one “King of the Hill” [emoji869][emoji41]

If you want a excellent wireless dac for your man cave with full MQA as a roon endpoint, buy a PS Audio Directstream DAC with the bridge II installed