View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 06:31 PM

Reading this entire thread today, I noticed my prior comments were made within a week of unboxing my Salon2's and prior to deploying my Mark Levinson No. 536 amplifiers. I used my ATI 6007 for about a month, then the No. 536 for the last 4 months.

The Salon2 (and Studio2's and Voice2) speakers, now fully relaxed (broken in) and aligned, are exquisite. I've been to the local Wilson, D'Agostino dealer a few times during this period and heard the comparably retail priced (and more expensive) gear of those brands. I've not noticed anything that makes me feel like I bought the wrong gear. I like those others, but not better than my kit.

I have driven my Salon2's with both Mark Levinson No. 536's, and the ATI Signature 6007. They are 400w and 300w per channel, respectively. Either is more than sufficient to push them and allow them to breath, as some like to say.

The ATI is a well measuring, very stable, low noise power amp that drives the Revel Salon2's effortlessly and with great control. It sounds good and has all the stones one would need.

The Mark Levinson No. 536 is a world class amp which sounds elegant, lush, crisp, effortless, expansive, clean, and clear. Very musical. Needless to say, it easily drives the Salon2's to dangerous sound levels with no distortion.

Last edited by Karl Maga; 04-11-2018 at 06:46 PM.