View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 07:14 AM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Randy,

I don't know about Wireworld and its thoughts regarding cable burn-in but I do know that MIT has very specific instructions about their cables. I own MIT and I have experienced the changes that are described during the break-in, burn-in period.

And, MIT's recommended period for the process is two full weeks of continuous playing. . . and that would be 336 hours for the cables to reach full potential, 48 hours to reach 75%.

Quote:
To Burn In All MIT Cables

Thank you for your purchase of MIT interface products. In order to achieve their full sonic potential, all MIT interfaces must be properly installed and burned in for the required length of time. Remember this simple 2/2 Rule: 75% of performance in two days — 100% in two weeks!

Install your cables as instructed above.

Put a constant music signal through the system (CD player in Repeat Mode or FM Tuner), at a reasonable volume level. If the system is turned on and off , be sure to log playing time until the 2/2 break-in process is complete.
If burning in interconnects only, your amplifier does not have to be turned on—just source components.
Sonic Points To Listen For During Burn In

After the initial two days of break in, the treble frequencies (above about 1 KHz) will begin to assume a more natural tonal balance and bass frequencies will have more authority.
As more time passes, the soundstage will begin to open. There will be more space between instruments and dynamics will be improved.
After the two-week period is over, the signature MIT image will appear, revealing microdynamics and subtle time-related cues, such as instrument voicing, recording-venue acoustics, and spatial effects. These developments can be dramatic — so please be patient!

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .

Last edited by AudioNut; 06-26-2011 at 07:22 AM.