View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNut View Post
[B]

Also please note that I am pretty much in the same boat. I own speakers that I know to be among the world's finest, and until audioguy3107 - who owns a pair of essentially the same speakers, came on board here on AA, I seemed to be the only person who had ever heard of the things.

Mine are Avalon Eidolons - bought new in 1999 and used continuously since that time - audioguy3107 owns a slightly "improved" version - but essentially the same speaker - and I don't give a tinker's damn about lack of interest in this forum because I know that they do things that more highly touted speakers are incapable of doing
You're 100% right on with all of this....but I have to say it is kinda cool knowing that the industry/audiophiles generally agree that they're one of the best box speaker ever made and still are!!
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3