View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdland View Post
OK. I listened again today. The unit had around 36 hours on it. The bass seemed more integrated. However, there is a problem. I don't know if it my particular DAC or a firmware issue, etc.

I cannot play DSD256 files cleanly. The files play but there is hissing and noise and when I stop playing the file, the hissing remains and then there is a whistling sound that is high pitched and slowly goes lower in volume and frequency. If I turn off the DAC and then back on (NOT the power button on the back), the hissing comes back. The only way to get rid of it is to play another file which is NOT a DSD256 file. This problem occurs if I play DSD256 file or if I upsample from DSD64 to DSD256 using foobar2000. All other files, either PCM at any sample rate all the way up to 352kHz and DSD64 and DSD128, do not have this problem.

This did not occur before I sent in my DAC for the upgrade.

Jrsub - have you tried DSD256 files?
I have similar, though not exact, problem. I can play the files fine most of the time. Hiss comes on randomly. Goes away and music continues. I sent email to support late Friday. Also received mine on Thursday with 9038 chip upgrade.

Overall I feel it is smoother, more detailed, and more analog sounding. Back to back lp then file or cd and lp is still ahead in my system.