View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslrock View Post
I am enjoying the vintage turntables now that they are back from being refurbished. The issue I am having is a rumble caused from walking in the room. Need suggestions for a low cost approach to providing vibration isolation that can be placed under each turntable. The plinth base of the B&O 4002 is about 19"W x 14"D and the base of the PE3060 is about 16"W x 14"D. Each has four feet in each of the corners. Thanks.
If you're looking at a low cost approach, I would probably go with a maple cutting board at least 2 inches thick with some type of isolation/vibration footers between it and the rack. Many people have had excellent results with Boos cutting boards available online or at Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table. Opinions seem to differ as to what to use for footers....I've read great results with squishy rubber feet as well as brass cones and more solid solutions. I'm considering trying out one of the Symposium ISO platforms for my table.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3