View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:52 AM

keffkad,
Let me show you when I moved Salon2 around the room to take measurement.
Notice the one that says " pi wi's room" , at that position, all bass below 50Hz was sinking, also notice " pi wi's long wall ", that was after I change room orientation, I got bass output well down to 25Hz.
For the graph from XTZ, you will see that, pls refer to file name, the one that I put speakers really close to rear wall made sever dip and peak.. Also you will notice that
moving speakers back and forth is not really helping on the shape of frequency response, we can only reduce the peak/null, but the shape is still the same, it's a room mode. But as I can tell you that the farther away from back wall, the less severe room modes.
So you have lived if JL sub before, is it possible that you get used to hearing with that powerful subs ? If you lived with sub that is set at high level for some times, it's sure that any plain speakers will make you miss that bass. And Salon2 is never lack of
bass.. never. I got much better kick from the bass when I change amp from ML 436 to Moon W7M, however.

here is the link to pictures of my measurement, also read the review from German magazine. it need great care of amplification and room acoustic ! If proved unsuccessful, Try a Sophia 3, I own them too, easier load and have bass that make music fun too.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/M...MGM1R1A0WjhUQw

TOGA