View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 01:35 AM

Does this configuration hurt your music? You tell us. I'm guessing yes, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I have plenty-o-compromise in my system too. In theory the shorter the cable the better the sound; at 45 ft you might experience that. Between 8 and 12 ft I couldn't hear a change.

Without trying to be too much of a snob, one of my best sound upgrades was when I got rid of my blue jeans speaker cables and AQ Mackenzie interconnects. AVS forum will have you beleive there is no difference between cables. But if you use your ears it will be significant. I had a dealer loan me both Analysis Plus and Nordost. Analysis Plus was a significant improvement over blue jeans in higher frequency distortion. AP was less harsh for longer listening, and more clear. If you could get a demo cable from a local dealer I'd highly recommend it. AP is a great cost for performance ratio. Nordost blew it away in my demo but the cost to performance was less reasonable and I wasn't limited by budget. It wasn't apples to apples. I also couldn't do 45 ft of nordost within my budget.

I'm not the most qualified to answer your question here, but as friendly as this forum is I'm shocked to be the first to answer.