Thread: P5 Oddity
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 09:52 PM

I also have Xfinity and my remote powers on my Samsung tv which is in another room.
I just tried the remote with my P-5 to see what would happen. I pushed the all on button and the TV button but in both instances nothing happened. So that leaves me to think that it could be your LG tv code which might be in sync with your P-5 unit in some way.

I will share with you that in addition to my P-5 I also have their Stellar Pre and their S-300 amp set up.
When I first got my P-5 a couple of months ago, every time I would use the supplied PS Audio Stellar Pre remote to change the volume it would turn on the P-5 screen>
I found that very annoying and distracting. I re-read the supplied Owners Manual to see if there was any way to turn off the screen in some way but there was nothing. I even phoned PS Audio and asked it there was some sort of defeat to stop it coming on..... Well no there is no such thing!
Bummer!!!!

So my work around was to get some electrical tape and cut a very small piece to cover the IR sensor on the front panel. once I did that little/quick fix, the problem was solved.
I really don't care to see it lit all the time especially at night, so this simple work-a-round did the job. If I want to check out what is happening to my power supply all I need to do is peal the small bit of tape back and then the remote works to turn on the panel.

I am not sure if this info help you but it does work for me.