Thread: Cart Me Baby!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAZ View Post
According to the Musical Surroundings site they’ve reorganized, are producing a reduced line of carts (and not the one recommended), and I’m not finding any of their better carts on line (I’m not near dealers that carry them). So I will only chase my tail so far when there are other good choices.
There was a thread a couple years ago (on another forum) that described the re-launched, limited Benz lineup. It only includes the Ebony, Ruby Z, and LPS-MR. But there may be more availability for the other models (e.g. Gullwing) in Asia/Europe? And I'm not sure if that's new production or old stock.

I started out in analog 11 years ago with a Benz Glider L2 and a Dynavector P75. Man, what a sweet starter setup! Thankful to this day that I started out "right". My next upgrade went to the Ortofon Kontrapunkt "c" (great cart; I think I enjoyed it more than its successor the Cadenza Bronze), with no particular reason for the brand switch. Had I stuck with Benz, I would've eventually arrived at the LPS, which probably wouldn't be a bad place to stay for a while! Too bad about the seemingly limited availability. I can't find the better models online, either. Seems to be nearly a "one man show" at Benz. Hate it when that happens.

Last edited by mulveling; 01-26-2018 at 01:23 AM.