View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 06:16 PM

Just before Sid Harman died, the management team was reshuffled and the company gave up all pretenses of US manufacturing. It began going global a decade or more before that, but the real indicators weren't yet in place. Without desire to appear prejudiced and with no intent apart from suggesting when the dominoes began to fall. The installation of Dinesh Paliwal, Harman's replacement CEO, was quickly followed by the appointment of a large team of Indian engineers. Specialty divisions retained most of their domestic engineers and management, but you could see the changes coming fast and hard. Since that time about 6 or 7 years ago, the writing has been on the wall. I got the news the same as everybody else did, but was not surprised. I suspect there will be significant refocusing that may not be to the benefit of audiophiles and pro audio practitioners. I hope they surprise me, but I don't expect them to. I still have a number of friends involved with the company and I'd suspect they'll all be on the hunt for new jobs now. I wonder what happens now at Revel and Levinson. Maybe they remain, but I have a hunch they won't be the same.