View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
I'm considering the Audeze LCD-3 to use with C1000T/MCD1100 combination. Anyone else out there with the LCD-3?

Also, now that Denon AHD7000 is discontinued, is it worthwile picking up a pair of these while they are still around?

Currently using Sennheiser PXC450. Great for the plane...but want to step it up for the C1000T/MCD1100. Not into the HD800, or any other Sennheiser for that matter as they sound a bit thin for me.

(WoW, I like these headphone stands too...)
I have a pair of Senn PXC450s, too...I like them quite a bit as noise-cancelling headphones; I bought them specifically for that. I use them at work as I have a set of very noisy neighbors in the cubicles next to me who are on the phone all day long as they are a customer service center. I also use them on the plane and hotel when I travel for work. I also find them very comfortable to wear and they have a very nice headband. I think they are very neutral and pleasant to listen to, but not as musical or engaging as my Grados.

For "critical listening" at home I use my Grado SR225i's and Grado RA-1 head amp.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 06-21-2012 at 12:32 AM.