View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 01:38 PM

well, several thoughts..

first, its not a 100% dedicated recording studio space... there are windows on 3 of the 4 walls. its also my kitchen/primary living space. so the 'wall' is covering up a wall of windows that look out to the driveway... by using this wall to be all covered up, and dedicated to gear, i keep my other windows open, and resembling normal finishes.

i find that acoustic treatments effect the entire room as much as the specific place they are put.. the sound rolls around the room in every direction at once. sound that bounces off the rear wall is instantly bounced forward again, then back again. so introducing an acoustic treatment into the room, ultimately effects the entire room.

so, building this wall is part acoustic, as it will calm down the entire room.. also be a sort of design look, while eliminiating a bank of windows, and.... keeping all the amps, speakers and diffusors together in one 'mess' therefore allowing the rest of the room to appear normal, as if the owner had not completely lost his mind...

there are massive bass traps and some absorbtion, but i really like diffusion better for the live sound, and looks..