View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
They are responsive. I received an email a few hours after my inquiry and they gave me a fairly boiler plate response about updating. No big deal. I only made the inquiry to find out if there was something unique I should know. I'm going to replace the drive by doing a bit for bit copy. Ordering the Samsung 1TB SSD shortly.
Hope it goes smoothly. As a former owner of the Olive 06HD (still have the 04HD), I upgraded the drive in the 06 (to go to a quieter 2.5" notebook drive from the stock 3.5" drive).

Olive provided their OS ( a 'restore' file) via a download and also a had built-in routine to back up the music library and associated database (metadata, playlists, etc.)
I tried cloning first, but this was unsuccessful due to some odd partitions used by Olive. The combination of a restore (=load) of the OS onto the new drive, followed by a load of the library backup was successful.

So, does Aurender provide support to restore their OS directly? Considering an Aurender ; an alternate is the Lumin.

Reason: if the hard drive fails or becomes corrupted, cloning is no longer an option.
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.