View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 04:45 PM

I have had a faint spinning noise from all Esoteric gear from DV-50s, P-0s, UX-1, UX-1 Limited, P-03U (more pronounced) and P-02 though SACD bring out more as it is a higher speed spin to begin width but it's never audible more than 1-2" from the units, the P-03U a bit more (5-6"). Again, extremely faint and never heard at the listening position. There were issues many, and I do mean many years ago with bearings in a specific transport version but Esoteric resolved those.

More specific to your issue,...I've never had any kind of hum though from any Esoteric unit. Do you have the unit into a power conditioner or straight into the wall? Try reversing it one way or the other. This is a strange issue and almost plays like a bit of DC noise on the line aggravating the power supply or a grounding issue but I would think you would hear it from the rest of your gear as well. Let it burn in a couple of days as it could be to another poster's reply as something that just needs a bit of burn-in for the power supply to get past.

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 01-31-2017 at 04:50 PM.