View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvp View Post
My advice is to go for an E-470 integrated amp and to pair it with the DP-550 player. IMO the DC-37 DAC is not very versatile in an full Accuphase system, at least not for the time being.

I am not sure how much you want to downsize your large rig, but if you will be ok with heaving 3 or 4 Accuphase boxes, I would strongly recommend you to buy the DG-58 unit and if possible also a PS-510 power conditioner. The DG-58 unit improves significantly the sound of any system as the Accuphase room correction procedure works very well. Furthermore, the DG-58 unit can also be used as a digital hub (albeit with fewer digital inputs) and has the same DACs as the DP-720 and DC-37 units. The PS-510 power conditioner will bring further improvements and beside protecting your whole system will also allow you to turn on your entire rig by pushing a single button.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Paul
What a brilliant recommendation! Thank you. But I just received the DC-37 yesterday and trying to get E-470 is like ordering a grand complication from Patek Phileppe! I have to wait till my order for E-470 arrives. Once I like the sound of Accuphase, I can move onto next phase. If I get DG-58, it should be easy to unload DC-37, since our list in Canada is same as yours plus the discount we can get. At present our dollar is 80 cents US. So it would be a bargain for someone in US.